Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   1996 Chrysler Sebring JX... No Spark to Spark Plugs (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/1996-chrysler-sebring-jx-no-spark-spark-plugs-15719/)

WillQRose 09-02-2011 05:25 PM

1996 Chrysler Sebring JX... No Spark to Spark Plugs

Hi my name is Will. I currently own a 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX Convertible. I heard that this is a regular problem not having no spark. The Problem is I have no spark. I got my hands dirty tried almost everything! I changed the distributor to a new one, Put new spark plugs, bought a New Crank Position sensor. I checked the ASD Relay That was fine. The fuel pump works. PCV Valve is new. Well it stopped running about 2 months ago. Sometimes it would of stalled on a redlight. It would Idle and etc. Then one day it stop running. The car turns over but does not run. But I did check all the wires to the PCM. I found one the Black/Grey one. This is the IGN Coil NO. 1 Driver which leads to the distributor (Ign Coil. No 1) When I crank the engine its suppose to have 12V to start the distributor but it has only 3V. I think this is the problem that I have been looking for!!! But I dont know how to fix it... Please help me!!! Thank you so much.

WillQRose 09-02-2011 05:38 PM

Forgot too post its a 2.5 L, 6 Cylinder Car.

WillQRose 09-03-2011 11:45 PM

Would Reprogramming the Car Computer fix this problem??? It could probably be a miscommunication... Help please???

WillQRose 09-04-2011 03:59 PM

No one wants to help me out??? :(

CHRYSLER TECH 09-04-2011 07:15 PM

its not a software issue so no updating the PCM wont do anything for u get a wire diagram and trace down what ever wire it is that U say is suppose to have 12v on it and see where it goes to then see if its a broken wire or lock of power from where ever it is coming from.

WillQRose 09-07-2011 11:02 PM

Thank you. You were right. It wasnt a software problem the I had the computer reprogram. && Still the car doesnt start up. I did cheak the wires tho they all seem fine... *Sigh*

I was wondering will a bad throttle position sensor will make the injectors not fire up. Cause I was told that when a car idles, stalls, and shuts off it could be a bad throttle positions sensor. So can this be the problem???

Will a bad TPS not make a car start up???
Thank you.

helo735 09-08-2011 05:31 AM

No, a bad TPS would not cause a no-start.

I would suggest that you have a bad PCM.

WillQRose 09-08-2011 12:26 PM

When I went to the dealership to reprogram the PCM they said it was fine... Sooo Yeaaa... I dont know what to do...

WillQRose 09-22-2011 02:01 AM

Still trying to figure out what is wrong with my car... Lol... Butta Once I figure it out ima post it!!! Unlike other people that find out what was wrong with the car they dont...

But how do you know if the PCM Is Bad???

CHRYSLER TECH 09-22-2011 11:06 PM

put a new distributor assembly in