Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   1998 sebring pcm question (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/1998-sebring-pcm-question-23814/)

TerryL 01-24-2015 05:12 PM

1998 sebring pcm question

i'm having a TPS issue with my 98 2.5l v6 sebring conv. The sensor circuit to the pcm pin 35 has 4.8v at key on motor off. I snipped the wire at the pcm and it has 4.8v there also. Is my pcm shot?

CHRYSLER TECH 01-24-2015 05:22 PM

your suppose to have 3 wires 2 with 5 volts and one with a PCM ground

TerryL 01-25-2015 08:21 AM

The center terminal on the TPS is the return signal to the pcm if I'm reading the schematic correctly. When i pull the connector and test the center wire (orange/blue) I have 5 volts at key on motor off. I snipped the wire where it comes out of the pcm and it tested 5v there. Is there supposed to be voltage on this wire when its disconnected fromthe tps?

CHRYSLER TECH 01-25-2015 07:18 PM

ok hold up a second u cut the orange blue wire at the pcm and then its disconnected at teh tsp and u still have voltage?

if infact that u have the wires still intact at the pcm and u disconnect teh tsp yeah u will have voltage on 2 of the 3 wires because its still attached to the source which is the pcm

TerryL 01-28-2015 10:35 AM

Sorry for the confusion. Twitter mode was on and I tried to be too consise in my post.

I disconnected the connector from the tps and probed the center wire orange and blue. I had 5 volts at key on engine off.

Next I snipped rhe orange blue wire at the connector coming out of the computer leaving the connector attached to the pcm so as to be able to measure the voltage coming from the computer if any. It showed 5v there so the computer was sending out 5v on the orange blue wire to the pcm.

I thought the orange blue wire carried an input signal FROM the tps to the pcm or am I wrong?

Thx
T

TerryL 01-28-2015 10:40 AM

Sorry for the confusion. Twitter mode was on and I tried to be too consise in my post.

I disconnected the connector from the tps and probed the center wire orange and blue. I had 5 volts at key on engine off.

Next I snipped rhe orange blue wire at the connector coming out of the computer leaving the connector attached to the pcm so as to be able to measure the voltage coming from the computer if any. It showed 5v there so the computer was sending out 5v on the orange blue wire FROM the pcm TO the tps.

I thought the orange blue wire carried an input signal FROM the tps to the pcm or am I wrong?

Thx
T

CHRYSLER TECH 01-28-2015 05:19 PM

its called a voltage drop 5v one wire through the TPS it will add resistance based off what the tps reads blade angle then go out the other wire back to teh pcm and the voltage seen on the other wire is the input. Is also called a parallel circuit.