Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   2000 LXi Just Quits! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/2000-lxi-just-quits-1931/)

mc 09-20-2006 08:18 PM

2000 LXi Just Quits!

My wife has a 2000 sebring and just recently it has started to just shut off. Nothing shows up when hooked up to a code reader and there are no engine lights that come on untill it stops running. It will restart sometimes in a matter of minutes or it could take 15-20 minutes to start. It does it a couple times a day. Dealership says they cant find it if it doesnt do it there. All of this may be true, but I can not believe we have the only chrysler this has happened too! Any of you chrysler people have any sugestions for me? At this point I am ready to just start replacing parts one at a time till it goes away! $$???
Thanks in advance...
MC

Oddman 09-21-2006 01:02 AM

RE: 2000 LXi Just Quits!

Well....There is only three things it could be, (besides the tolorance between moving parts) Spark, fuel, or air. If it runs OK after it starts, then chances are your air intake is OK. So that leaves spark and fuel. If the car completely dies, with no sputter, then it could be power delivery before the spark plug wires. If it spits and sputters, it could be fuel delivery (fuel pump, fuel pump relay). If you are going to try to figure it out on your own, get a repair manual(chilton, hayes) and play detective....Good luck

dragonzway 05-07-2007 01:26 AM

did u ever discover what the problem was...? i am havin similiar situation with my 1996 sebring jxi

dragonzway 05-07-2007 01:30 AM

i am having the same problenm with my 1996 sebring jxi... my car will suddenly stall during driving.. no engine light appears and no codes are found on system..
sometimes the rpm drop to zero and my car just drifts until it dies out... i have no idea what is causing the problem.. any suggestions...

i just had my car tuned up and had my plugs , wires, cap changed out.. still occurring

drutkay 05-09-2007 03:42 PM

There's a TSB out for some Sebring models where the car will die when de-accelerating. I had it happen to me several times. The solution was a firmware upgrade for the fuel injection. That was two years ago and it has been fine since.

car5car 05-13-2007 11:11 AM

To eliminate fuel problem try to start it with start fluid. You need to find where to spray it. It could be air filter if access is easy or hole after removing air temp sensor. Get screwdriver if you need one. If starting fluid doesn't help that means you have spark problem.
Another way is to give your car to a mechanic to drive until he find out. I knew some smart guywho was given Ferrari for 2 weeks to find intermittent problem. He was driving it because dealership could not find problem.