Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   2001 Sebring Driver Side Mirror Replacement (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/2001-sebring-driver-side-mirror-replacement-2739/)

p_cruicks 03-15-2007 04:45 PM

2001 Sebring Driver Side Mirror Replacement

My wife recently trashed the drivers side mirror on the door pillar of our garage while backing up.
I have a replacement unit that I picked up off ebay. How do I get the old one off? Is is a matter of just pulling off that plastic piece at the other side of the mirror inside the car?
I would really appreciate any help that anyone has to offer on how to do this.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-15-2007 10:48 PM

RE: 2001 Sebring Driver Side Mirror Replacement

what seabring do u have convertable , hard top, 4 door??

silver01v6 03-16-2007 12:53 AM

if youve got the coupe, you pull off the tweeter/ plastic cover and there will be i think 3 nuts. loosen those, pull the mirror away and do the opposite to put the new one on. hopefully i got it right.

p_cruicks 03-16-2007 01:44 AM

Thanks a lot — To answer you question, I have the sedan. Will the removal of that plastic piece still apply? Do you lever it off with a flat blade scredriver or something?

CHRYSLER TECH 03-16-2007 02:26 AM

REMOVAL [ol][*]Remove side view mirror cover (Side View Mirror Cover).[*]Remove the door trim panel (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/TRIM PANEL - REMOVAL) .[*]Disconnect power window mirror motor wire connector, if so equipped.[*]Disengage wire harness grommet from mirror flag, if so equipped.[*]Disconnect manual mirror adjuster from side mirror cover, if so equipped.[*]Remove nuts attaching side view mirror to mirror flag (Side View Mirror).[*]Remove side view mirror from vehicle.[/ol]

Door trim Panel
[ol][*]Open door.[*]Lower window.[*]Disconnect battery[*]Open the screw cap from bottom of arm rest pull cup and inside remote handle.[*]Remove screws attaching door trim panel to door.(Front Door Trim Panel)[*]Remove screw attaching door latch handle to door panel.[*]Using trim tool, disengage clips holding trim panel to perimeter of door.[*]Lift trim panel upward to disengage upper retainer channel.[*]Tilt top of trim panel away from door.[*]Disengage clip holding latch linkage to back of release handle (Linkage Clip).[*]Disconnect main wiring harness at door opening.[*]Remove door trim panel from vehicle. [/ol]

p_cruicks 03-25-2007 03:23 PM

You are a genius Chrysler Tech! I had the job done in 20 mins.
Exactly as you explained.
Of course I told my wife that I spent all Saturday working on it while she was out shopping with my daughters!

Do you think that she will believe me?

THANKS AGAIN!