Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   2004 convertible huge problems (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/2004-convertible-huge-problems-1333/)

chewy 04-04-2006 02:35 AM

2004 convertible huge problems

Has anyone had all of these problems since purchasing their brand new 2004 Sebring Convertible?

I must tell you that all of this has happened in less than 2 years and 14,000 miles and at last known the car has been service over 25 times during my ownership.

1. Dealer sold car while under recall and they had not disclosed this to me nor had they made the repair. I would never have purchased this car had I known.
2. At 400 miles car had problem - dealer had car for almost month the first time to correct the recall problem. I had taken my car to 3 different dealers and each one gave me the standard response "I have one just like yours and it runs the same". It took almost one full year to correct the problem. I kept stating the engine was running ruff. Finally, after I would not leave one of the dealers until 3 "quote" service techs & managers told me this is how the car runs, I got the 4th one who drove with me and before we got 1/2 block he knew what the problem was and called it surging! This only took almost 1 year to get this problem corrected.
3. Also, had electrical problem with lights over mirror winthin 4 weeks
4. Water in tail lights (repaired 2 times)
5. Electrical problem 2 times - horn would not work - repair stated electrical wiring under air bag
6. Both front windows have had to be worked on because of rattling and seals were replaced
7. Problem with rear end noise - took it to 1st dealer who told me the shocks were ok and that's how the car should run. Went back to the dealer who normally worked on my car and they found there was a problem with the struts and did not get the warranty work information stating they had a problem with the billing clock with
Chrysler? I asked the dealer to mail me a copy of the warranty work done. The struts were replaced and within 2 days the same noise came back at which time I took it to a very reliable tire dealer who stated there was a problem with the struts and did I know what work was done to the car which I didn't. Sure enough when I took it back to the dealer they found there was a leak. Guess what it is back at the dealer to replace the struts they had just put in.

This is just a short list of the problems.

What I can't understand with all of these services and problems that Chrysler doesn't seem to care as I have made complaints to them to no avail.

lvssmr97502 04-04-2006 09:53 AM

RE: 2004 convertible huge problems

I had/have the same types of problems with mine. I finally wrote a letter to the owners of the dealership and got a call from the general manager of the Dodge store (it's a huge dealership with a lot of different lots in many states). After complaining for well over a year they finally decided to replace the PCM and the window motors. More than once they had my car for a week or two and did nothing, saying they couldn't duplicate the problem. I got all the same song and dance that you did...they couldn't duplicate the problem. I just learned the the squeaky wheel gets the grease. What was the recall though? I only heard about the seatbelt in the back seat.