Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   2005 chrysler sebring sedan factory amp (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/2005-chrysler-sebring-sedan-factory-amp-1463/)

mech3 05-07-2006 10:58 PM

2005 chrysler sebring sedan factory amp

I am having trouble locating the factory stereo amp in my 2005 chrysler sebring sedan. It has a non-infinity sound system. If anyone can help me with info on the location of the amp it would be greatly appreciated.

sebringpower69 05-07-2006 11:43 PM

RE: 2005 chrysler sebring sedan factory amp

if im correct you shouldnt have a factory amp if you dont have infinity speakers but i could be wrong so i would check underneath the rear seats so try and check under there.

mech3 05-08-2006 12:04 AM

The reason I believe I do have a factory amp is I have replaced the stock head unit and both front and rear 6x9's and they are extremely loud at low volumes. I tried testing the speakers by popping them and got no response. I wil llook under the rear seats. Thanks for the reply

mech3 05-08-2006 12:23 AM

I did check under the rear seat, there i nothing there. I have also checked under both driver and passenger seats.

sebringpower69 05-08-2006 04:09 AM

well that means you dont have an amp. did you put an aftermarket headunit in it?

mech3 05-08-2006 10:09 AM

Yes I did put an aftermarket head unit in. What doesn't make any sense is that the stock 15w 6x9's were alot quieter then the after market 50w rms (240w max) when in fact it should be the opposite because the head unit only supplies 18w rms per channel (50w max). Also it doesnt explain when test popping the speaker, it will test pop at the speaker itself, but when doing it from the harness behing the head unit I get no response. Also the wiring colors for the speakers coming off the radio harness (car side) and the colors of the wires at the speakers are two different colors.

sebringpower69 05-08-2006 02:35 PM

the wires are suppose to be different because one set is factory and the other is aftermarket. aftermarket headunits have built in tuners so when you install aftermarket speakers theyll be loluder sometimes. but if they are to loud at low volumes then your wiring is off. you have one wire in the wrong spot.when you test pop a speaker itll never work when you do it by the headunit. if you could do it by the headunit you risk blowing the speakers.

mech3 05-08-2006 04:08 PM

No, actually im reffering to the wire colors in the factory harness, not the ones on the head unit. When you say built in tuner i believe you are reffering to the built in mosfet amplifier in the head unit. I've test popped speakers from the factory wiring harness on numerous installations and never had a problem. How could it blow the speakers?

sebringpower69 05-08-2006 04:47 PM

when i say testing from the headunit im talking about the aftermarket headunit wiring harnest. there is extra power running though an aftermarket headunit wiring harnest. yes i am refferring to the mosfet amplifer but im also refferring to the ability to digitally tune the bass, treble, fade, and balance. now the speakers you put in are they and aftermarket company or are they aftermarket stock replacement speakers cause aftermarket speaker company's speakes are naturally louder than stock replacements