Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 Chrysler Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Default 2010 Chrysler Radio Problem

I have a 2010 Chrysler sebring Touring model. I recently just bought the stock Chrysler OEM TouchScreen MYGIG 430 Radio and installed it in my car. It worked for a few days and then when i went to start my car, the battery was dead. I took the battery to get it tested and i found out that my battery was completely dead and lost its cells. No biggie, warranty replaced my battery and was on my way. The next day I had the same issue. Went to start my car and nothing. Another dead battery. This time i took it to the Chrysler dealership and theh said the same thing. I had a dead battery. They said that the radio has something called a “parasite” which is where even though the car and radio screen is turned off while the car is off, its still sucking full power, causing my battery to drain and fail. Does anyone know a solution for this?? Will turning the radio off before i actually turn the car off prevent this problem? please let me know with any solutions/suggestions. Thank you!

Old 09-19-2017, 09:52 PM

The radio always draws a little current to run the clock. The connection to the car has two power sources, one through the key and one that doesn't go through the key. Be sure that yours is wired correctly. If it is draining the battery overnight, there must be a significant draw there, more than should be drawn by the radio operating normally.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 PM

I know it was wired correctly, its just one harness that snaps in, the two other wires for the satellite radio and AM/FM antenna. It is drawing a significant amount of power. more than it should. i installed the old radio back in and have no problems so far. i want to intall the touch screen back in, just dont want to run into the same ol’ problem. keep in mind this is tbe touch screen radio that cane with the car if you opted for a higher trim model. the Stock Chrysler OEM MYGIG 430 TouchScreen Radio. i bought this radio because i did not get a high enough trim level for my car to include the touchscreen radio and i liked the looks of it a lot better. with this radio, it uses the same harness that the old chrysler radio did coming from the car. its simply just plug and play

Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 AM

From your description, there is something seriously wrong with the replacement radio. It may have some internal short that is drawing all that juice.
If you can find a radio service facility, maybe they can put it on a bench and test it, but anymore, nobody bothers to repair radios, they just replace the whole thing.