Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   2015 Chrysler 200 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/2015-chrysler-200-a-29129/)

mike/nav 03-21-2018 01:59 PM

2015 Chrysler 200

Hello All,

Anyone had or experience this issues
2105 Chrysler 200 2.4 L ( 79K)
Went in to get the oil change at the dealership, the service technician found a bit of oil leaking last week.
Came today so the dealership can check where the oil is leaking from, service technician said most likely is coming from engine head. He still working to give me a definite answer .
Question
1. I have purchase extended warranty gold plan mopar warranty will they cover the repair. Its for 100k or expired on December 2019.
2. It this a manufacturing defect from Chrysler.
3. Car as always been service by the same dealer and all service has always been done on time.
4. If I pay from my pocket what would it cost be to fix at the dealership .
Any advise will do
Thanks

dcotter0579 03-21-2018 03:46 PM

In the first place, a leak "from the engine head" doesn't mean much. There are a number of places where it could be leaking, such as a valve/cam cover gasket. There are ways to pinpoint the source of the leak. Leaks can be very cheap and easy to fix (like tightening down a loose screw on a cover) or they can be very hard and expensive to fix, like replacing a camshaft seal. Without knowing exactly what the problem is thare's no way to estimate the repair cost. As to whether it's covered, look at the terms of your extended warranty. The document itself is what gives you your rights. It's a contract and your rights and their obligations are spelled out in the document. You should be able to read it and understand it well enough. Look to see what's covered and what's excluded.

mike/nav 03-21-2018 05:22 PM

Thanks
The Service Representative said the oil is leaking from around the Timming cover area.
didn't give much information. The service manager had left for the day so I didn't get to speak to him.
they said I can drive the car as the oil leak is not much.
On Monday I take the car for them to fix.its 2 day job. I will talk to the service manager to get a detail explanation as to what need to be fix.
the work is cover under my warranty.
1. Should I change the water pump same time if they have to remove it .
2. Are there any other things I should request getting change at the same time seeing most likely the labour will be the same.

dcotter0579 03-22-2018 09:49 AM

If the leak is from the edges or the seal of the timing cover, it probably is not necessary to remove the water pump. Doing so is going to be quite a bit more work, but if they get in there and see evidence of problems with the water pump, then it would make sense to take that step as well. Same with other things under there. They will have a chance to look in and make an assessment. The labor is not going to "be the same" since there are many things under the timing cover that need not be disturbed to fix the leak. It doesn't make sense to rebuild the whole engine just because you have pulled off one cover.