Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   3.0 liter engine oil capacity (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/3-0-liter-engine-oil-capacity-2700/)

01sebringphanatic 03-10-2007 08:02 AM

3.0 liter engine oil capacity

newbie here. (not sure if the spelling is right)
i've recently purchased 2001 chrysler sebring coupe with 3.0 liter engine.
and the first thing i noticed was that this car needs an (engine)oil change right away.
but with no manual, i'm pretty much stuck as to how many quarts i should put in.
i hope somebody can get back to me soon.
by the way, i'm already thinking 10w30 mobil 1 with synthetic stabilizer. good idea or bad? let me know.

01sebringphanatic 03-10-2007 10:09 PM

RE: 3.0 liter engine oil capacity

i just found out that it's 4.5 qts.
but now i'm stuck with trying to find out what kind of tranny fluid i should use for my transmission. (no help from the pepboys)
i'll try to the dealership tomorrow, but the sooner the better for me.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-11-2007 04:40 PM

ATF +4

01sebringphanatic 03-11-2007 09:08 PM

thank you.
that saves me calling a dealership.
actually,i was thinkingof pourring some because, i thoughtit wasa bit low. (and the car jerks at rear shift, which i hope it's from being low on the fluid level)
anyway, i see a big potential on this car, but this car needs a tune-up big time.
sofor starters i'll start out with changing the engine oil.
and go from there.
by the way, has anybody flush the tranny fluid by yourself?
i know, the cottman transmission place quoted me for near $200,
and other places around $150.
and if the job's not that hard, i'd rather do this myself and save myself a fortune.
anyway, if there's anyone who's already doneflushing the tranny fluid, any tips would also be greatly appreciated.
by the way, i apologize for getting off the initial topic here. (engine oil capacity)
if there's another issue, i'll try to post a new topic.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-11-2007 11:41 PM

go for the 150 or 200 u dont have a 3k machine that transfers the new and old fluid out. Plus ATF+4 is around 30 a gal and u will need 3 to do a flush correctly.

01sebringphanatic 03-12-2007 08:30 PM

i'm sorry, i meant drain & refill. (and possibly using one of the tranny cleaner stuff)
by the way, i just changed the engine oil usingmobil one full- synthetic oilwith lucas synthetic stablilizer. and the engine is now very quiet and smooth.
now, some people may or may not agree using those stuff, but it seemed to be working out for me.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-12-2007 09:01 PM

there is no drain and fill unless u have a manual tranny. The drain and fill u are talking about u drop the pan repalce the filter and new RTV to seal the pan.

01sebringphanatic 03-12-2007 09:16 PM

yes, mine is automatic. and i guess that leaves me no choice but to have it flushed. (i'm thinking of going to the pepboys which i think was around $160)