Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

99 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Default 99 convertible

im curently helping out a friend with a '99 sebring convertible. i know its 6 cyl but unsure or anything else except its issues. so to start what i know is another "aquaintance"/sidewalk tech tried to fix a hard start issue and killed the car. dealer said that the ecu got fried. it was replaced now theres no start at all. im under the impression its the factory alarm interfearing with my progress. again im only going by what i know about chrysler (i own a stratus/ owned 2 jeeps) and was told to me i havnt touched the car yet. any advice of what to maybe look at when i get on that car this weekend.thanks

Old 04-25-2012, 09:16 AM

If you changed the ECU, then it must be reprogrammed to fit your car. do you have the check engine light on???

Old 04-25-2012, 09:31 AM

im not sure if the cel is on. i havnt looked at the car but i figured it would be something like that is the dealer the only way to go for that or is there a DIY way i hope.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

unless u have a DRB3 and a SKIM code for the car no u cant do it yourself