Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   98 Sebring JX convertible door locks/interior light's flashing/door ajar bell! (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/98-sebring-jx-convertible-door-locks-interior-lights-flashing-door-ajar-bell-11466/)

97LXIgirl 05-11-2010 12:34 PM

98 Sebring JX convertible door locks/interior light's flashing/door ajar bell!

Hi,

My car is locking/unlocking itself,door ajar bell ring's while driving while digital odometer is flashing "door" and clicking sound in the dash from behind the odomter and interior light's are flashing while driving down the road as if the door is open!? I checked the buttons inside the door jam which both seem to be fine,the door's are shutting fine? I pulled the fuse to stop the door lock's from clicking continously but need help!!!

Thanks
E

dcotter0579 05-11-2010 04:46 PM

I'm not entirely sure about your '98, but on my '01 the door ajar switch is built into the latch itself, and is part of the door locking motor. I think yours is the same. Sounds like one of your latches has gone nuts and needs to be replaced.

97LXIgirl 05-15-2010 10:32 AM

I have 2 black buttons on the inside of my door jam that press in when the door shuts and they make the door ajar alarm go off when u press them while the door is open! They both seem to work fine as they aren't stuck in! I don't think I have the same system as u b/c my car doesn't even have the keyless entry but I do have power locks! It doesn't act up all the time but when it does it goes nuts!! Go figure...

dcotter0579 05-16-2010 04:12 PM

Usually that kind of button can be adjusted by loosening the nut that holds it to move it in or out so that it makes proper contact when the door shuts. Take a look at yours to see if adjustment is possible. If so, adjust it to see if you can get it to work properly.

Sebring098 08-26-2010 09:17 AM

Locks locking and door chime going off constantly

Hi, my car is doing the same thing, I have the 98 sebring convertible...did you figure out what it was? Mine started doing it occasionally when I fell in a pothole or something now its a constant thing and is driving me crazy!!

cherrichild 01-29-2011 08:47 PM

That happened to me!

On my 97 Jxi convertible. I hit a pothole once and then it got worse and worse until my car would ding and lights would flash on and off all the time. My husband finally removed the door jamb piece altogether. It worked immediately and he showed me that it had just worn down so much that the system couldn't tell if the door was open or closed. I can still drive safely but the interior lights no longer come on when I open the door at night. I just looked on autozone.com and I can buy a replacement for $5. Easy fix!