Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Any help would be appreciated... (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/any-help-would-appreciated-11435/)

Black Wolf 05-06-2010 10:49 PM

Any help would be appreciated...

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen of the Chrysler Forum,

I am posting on this forum in hopes of getting some advice on how to further diagnose and repair a Sebring that belongs to my cousin.

Briefly about myself, I AM a Journeyman Mechanic and Journeyman Welder, but my experience working on vehicles has been on Ford and GMC, so I have NO experience with Chryslers whatsoever...

When cousin brought car to me last night, it had 5 DTC's

P1282 Fuel Pump Relay Circuit
P1388 Auto Shutdown Relay Circuit
P1489 High Speed Fan Relay Circuit
P1490 Low Speed Fan Relay Circuit
P---- A/C Clutch Relay Circuit

When MIL is on, the electric fans run non-stop while the vehicle is running - Doesn't matter if it is -50°F in the middle of winter.

I cleared all the codes and took for a short test drive...

Went to engage Cruise Control - Green "Cruise" indicator in dash came on...

Touched the "Set" button, and Green "Cruise" Indicator went out, Cruise Control non-functional.

No MIL at this point.

Park in driveway, to discuss possible diagnostics with cousin, all of a sudden Electric Fan comes on, MIL comes on, and 4 DTC's are displayed...

P1282 Fuel Pump Relay Circuit
P1388 Auto Shutdown Relay Circuit
P1489 High Speed Fan Relay Circuit
P1490 Low Speed Fan Relay Circuit
and now,
P1595 Speed Control Solenoid Circuits

I would GREATLY appreciate any assistance that you would be kind enough to offer... My cousin just lost her husband two months ago, and is living on a very small disablility pension, so I am offering my time for free, and am trying to get her car fixed as inexpensively as possible...

Right now, purchasing full Shop Manuals with Diagnostic Flow Charts is just NOT financially possible.

Thank you again, in advance.

CHRYSLER TECH 05-06-2010 10:52 PM

year,model and engine size is needed first

Black Wolf 05-06-2010 11:27 PM

Fair enough Sir,

I do not have her care here, but I will try calling her right away...

As a quick question, is there any chance with the Chrysler Engine Control Systems that something as simple as a temperature sender (or poor connection) could be causing some of this grief? At least the fan relays?

Black Wolf 05-06-2010 11:28 PM

Bollocks... I meant her CAR....

I can't edit posts on this forum yet.

Black Wolf 05-06-2010 11:35 PM

2001 Sebring LX with 2.7L V-6

94,000 kms + when I drove it last night.

I have VIN number as well that I can PM to you on request - I do not wish to post it on an open forum.

Thanks again for your assistance.

CHRYSLER TECH 05-07-2010 02:33 PM

check fuse 23 under the hood see if its blow if not then check for power on that same fuse if U dont have power on there possibly IGN switch that circuit is power to all the above items U have listed above for the codes.

Black Wolf 05-07-2010 07:04 PM

Fuse 23? I do not have the car here, but I will contact my cousin and see if she, or her teenage son, can pull the fuse and have a look at it.

I guess I was a little off with the temperature sender, but the idea is the same that one item was throwing multiple codes.

Thank you very much for responding, and being generous enough to share your knowledge and experience - I truly appreciate it.