Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   CD player lights flashing (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/cd-player-lights-flashing-6493/)

jimmyjets33 09-20-2008 12:12 AM

CD player lights flashing

I have a 2001 Sebring w/cd player and the lighhts on the buttons are flashing. Does any one know how to fix this or what might be the matter. If it has to be replaced I will but want to se what else I could try. Thanks for any input. Jimmyjets33:eek:

CHRYSLER TECH 09-20-2008 10:23 AM

RE: CD player lights flashing

try a battery disconnect and touch the cables together if that does not do it new radio time.

dcotter0579 09-20-2008 03:33 PM

When you touch the battery cables together, make sure that they are not connected to the battery. Totally disconnecting the system from the battery causes a "reset". You need to touch the cables together to discharge any residual voltage in the system. There is a capability of retaining some electricity in the system for a short period of time after disconnecting the battery to allow for the possibility of air bag deployment during a wreck even if the battery is taken out.
You can accomplish the same thing for the radio by pulling the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) fuse. In the fuse panel under the shield at the left end of the instrument panel (visible with the car door open), you will see one fuse with some big "ears" on it. It can be easily pulled without a puller. That's what the ears are for. This fuse controls the circuits in the car that work without a key in the ignition, the door locks, interior lights and the radio (clock). Pop that fuse for a minute and put it back in. The lights in the radio will stop flashing when you pull the fuse. Like Tech says, if the problem resumes after this, you will probably need to replace the radio. Replacement radios appear on eBay every once in a while, keep your eye peeled.

irdaneel 09-21-2008 10:10 PM

The other option is, if the radio/CD works fine, you can always enjoy the light show!

jimmyjets33 09-22-2008 06:56 PM

This sounds good buy would only replacing the cd part be ok? or both the radio and the CD player?

irdaneel 09-24-2008 12:45 PM

You probably have, but consult the manual for the radio to see if the "flashing" means something. (like CD stuck in drive, or something like that.)

If it is irregular flashing look for poor contacts in harness or switches.

Lilblackie007 01-20-2020 12:00 AM

Fuse location?

I found the answer below useful, however I can't locate the fuse, is it the group of wires I can see behind my glove box? I have a 2001 Chrysler Voyager

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 20652)
When you touch the battery cables together, make sure that they are not connected to the battery. Totally disconnecting the system from the battery causes a "reset". You need to touch the cables together to discharge any residual voltage in the system. There is a capability of retaining some electricity in the system for a short period of time after disconnecting the battery to allow for the possibility of air bag deployment during a wreck even if the battery is taken out.
You can accomplish the same thing for the radio by pulling the IOD (Ignition Off Draw) fuse. In the fuse panel under the shield at the left end of the instrument panel (visible with the car door open), you will see one fuse with some big "ears" on it. It can be easily pulled without a puller. That's what the ears are for. This fuse controls the circuits in the car that work without a key in the ignition, the door locks, interior lights and the radio (clock). Pop that fuse for a minute and put it back in. The lights in the radio will stop flashing when you pull the fuse. Like Tech says, if the problem resumes after this, you will probably need to replace the radio. Replacement radios appear on eBay every once in a while, keep your eye peeled.

dcotter0579 01-20-2020 09:08 AM

"I have a 2001 Chrysler Voyager"

If I'm not mistaken, the Chrysler Voyager was produced in a right-hand drive version for the UK market. It's a minivan the American equivalent of which is the Town and Country. There are numerous owners and enthusiasts but you will find them in the "Chrysler Voyager and Town and Country" part of the forum here which is located further down the front page. If you have a specific question regarding your Voyager, it's much more likely to be seen and answered if you post it there. Voyager owners are not likely to be hanging out here in the Sebring section.