Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Dashboard lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by MOc
Ohh, see now, you have the plastic prisms illumination version. Those transparent plastic pieces perpendicular on the back of your cluster "conduct" the light and diffuse it all over the front surface. You are lucky ! Just check the lamps marked as "LP x ILLUM" with the white paint ! You can be cleared identified the fault ones when you compare them against your dark points and the plastic prism.
Also the contacts, traces and sockets, those sockets had took a lot of heat as backlite illumination was used more often than any other bulbs there. If you find all good, exchange one that you know is working with the one that is playing tricks and see if failure move also. Good luck !
Thank you for the clarification, are we back to the bulbs now? haha

I am not sure if I am able to do anything about the traces or sockets unless you can explain specifically what to do next. i.e. just visually inspect traces, swap around some of the the turn and pull bulb holders? or...perhpas nothing can be done since overheating has occured?

In other words, the Fuel Gauge, and Thermostat Gauges are both completely dark /out. With this new knowledge is there any point in getting new bulbs to see if they will light up?

Only one dealer has them in stock in Helsinki and they are only 5,90€ each. Less expensive than buying new cluster from wreckers = 250€.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 AM

Note, maybe if all else fails I should swap the four prong things on the RPM gauge vs. Speedodometer?

This way, I could actually see how fast I am going at night without GPS since the RPM has been very well lit during all this other headache.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a 1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager LE (I live in Australia - so it may be known by different names in other countries).

What happened was that I had an accident in early March and sustained right front damage. This was repaired by a local repairer however since picking it up 13 days ago I have had endless electrical problems.

On a day trip we got all the way to our destination (200km) and then at the end of the day started the car to come home and noticed the battery light was on, within a km all the lights flickered and the car stopped dead. The alternator had stopped charging the battery and so I had it rebuilt. I have also replaced the battery.

Then in the days that followed I my dash lights were not working (instrument panel cluster lights) - this includes the lights behind the gauges as well as the illumination lights behind the fan controls. My digital displays still work as do the interior lights. The dimmer switch appeared to be faulty as the digital display flickers when this dial is moved.

So far in an attempt to rectify this I have:

1. Reset the BCM by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for minimum 10 minutes and then reconnect - made no difference
2. Changed the fuse for the instrument illumination (Fuse 2) - made no difference. A test light test shows there is no power to that particular fuse.
3. I have pulled out the printed circuit board behind the instrument gauges and re soldered the points of the pins (two were dry) - made no difference
4. Tonight I have replaced the panel including switches for the headlights, dimmer switch and mirror control - made no difference.

Now from reading this forum I see it may be the power inverter in the gauge cluster. Can someone please give me some guidance on identifying this and what I need to ask for to buy a replacement?

It was also suggested that the body control module may have been damaged in the accident - I don't know - but what are other's thoughts on this?

Old 04-14-2015, 04:47 PM

Welcome to the forum. You have posted your question in the Sebring forum. I suspect that if you start a new thread in the Town & Country and Grand Voyager forum you are more likely to get a meaningful response. That's a very active forum with lots of UK members who understand right hand drive vehicles. They even speak diesel over there and manual transmissions too. It's all very strange.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:20 PM

Thanks dcotter0579 - will try in the other forum.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 PM
Default 2006 Sebring Dash Lights

Hi Guys,

My 2006 Sebring dash lights are acting funny. When I turn on the headlights at night the dash lights don't come on (most of the time). Sometime they may just arbitrarily come on if they feel like it. I wasn't too worried about it until this morning.

My gas gauge was at 1/2 full when all of a sudden it quickly went to empty, it dinged like it was empty and then went back to half full again. It did this over and over and over. I stopped and filled the tank up just to be sure. It only took a 1/2 tank to fill it so it was reading accurately. The lights were on when this happened because it was raining. The sun came out so I didn't turn the lights back on and the gas gauge was fine.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Dave

Old 08-25-2016, 02:18 PM

Sorry guys I added my last question by mistake.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Old 01-31-2017, 05:13 AM
Default Sebring dash lights 2009

Hi,

Can anyone assist me with the correct diagram for the ELD5 card that is shown on the net. I have a vehicle that I need to repair.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:46 AM

Is it possible to just replace the cluster with a used one from say ebay? Were all the limited models with the white gauges auto stick or do I need to search for one? Will the correct mileage of the car transfer to the new cluster?

Quick Reply: Dashboard lights not working