Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   heat/AC blowing out of defrost ONLY (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/heat-ac-blowing-out-defrost-only-11281/)

russaj322 07-25-2019 02:57 PM

Same problem please show me how to get to the bma

Originally Posted by arihan (Post 36478)
I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I don't know what the IOD fuse is. However, I was able to dig deep into my dash and look at the blend door actuator and confirm that it is working correctly along with my controls (FOR NOW). However, I think that may have been the problem so next time it defaults to the defrost at all times, I know where to look.

For anybody having the same problem just reply to this thread and I'll let you know where to look for this blend door actuator. Kind of a pain to access, but not too bad.

Thanks a lot to CHRYSLER TECH!

Same issue need help

russaj322 07-25-2019 10:50 PM

Help

I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I don't know what the IOD fuse is. However, I was able to dig deep into my dash and look at the blend door actuator and confirm that it is working correctly along with my controls (FOR NOW). However, I think that may have been the problem so next time it defaults to the defrost at all times, I know where to look.

For anybody having the same problem just reply to this thread and I'll let you know where to look for this blend door actuator. Kind of a pain to access, but not too bad.

I am having the same exact problem of you could please provide a walkthrough. Thank you

Marky Rodriguez 10-28-2019 09:24 AM

I'm having the same problem

flurry911 11-14-2019 10:55 AM

Recalibrated

Went through the recalibration process to get a 0023 code on an ‘01 Sebring convertible. Went from heat only coming from front vents only to only ac out of same vents. I can deal with no ac but it’s 20 degrees here ! Only 80k on this.

Cody Morris 07-05-2020 02:51 PM

Cody

[QUOTE=arihan;36478]I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I don't know what the IOD fuse is. However, I was able to dig deep into my dash and look at the blend door actuator and confirm that it is working correctly along with my controls (FOR NOW). However, I think that may have been the problem so next time it defaults to the defrost at all times, I know where to look.

Thanks a lot to CHRYSLER TECH![/QUOT]
Were is this blend door

dcotter0579 07-05-2020 03:21 PM

The "blend door" controls the temperature of the air by blending warm and cold air. That's why they call it the "blend door". If your air is coming out the wrong place (which is what this thread was about), the problem isn't with the "blend door", it's with the "mode door", a completely different door within the heater plenum.

If you are having a specific problem, start a new thread, describing your problem as fully as you can. Tell what year and model of car you have, and what you have done to try to fix the problem.

This thread goes back 10 years and almost nobody who posted earlier is still around.

Cody Morris 07-05-2020 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 114960)
The "blend door" controls the temperature of the air by blending warm and cold air. That's why they call it the "blend door". If your air is coming out the wrong place (which is what this thread was about), the problem isn't with the "blend door", it's with the "mode door", a completely different door within the heater plenum.

If you are having a specific problem, start a new thread, describing your problem as fully as you can. Tell what year and model of car you have, and what you have done to try to fix the problem.

This thread goes back 10 years and almost nobody who posted earlier is still around.

my cable that moves the vent selector is bent how do I get it off so can straighten back up

dcotter0579 07-06-2020 09:30 AM

Joseph hudecek 10-05-2021 09:11 PM

I have no idea what the IOD fuse is and you're saying that the blend door actuator is

[QUOTE=arihan;36478]I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I don't know what the IOD fuse is. However, I was able to dig deep into my dash and look at the blend door actuator and confirm that it is working correctly along with my controls (FOR NOW). However, I think that may have been the problem so next time it defaults to the defrost at all times, I know where to look.

Thanks a lot to CHRYSLER TECH![/QUOTEQUOTE...................

Kittikat 11-25-2023 11:34 PM

Accessing the control head in dash

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 36484)
Is yours a coupe, sedan or convertible? If it's a sedan or convertible, there's a "calibration" technique you can run. With the engine running, turn the temp knob all the way to the cold side. Turn the mode knob all the way to the defrost position. Put the fan switch to any position other than off. Then press the rear defroster button until you hear a chime. Let it go. The system will go thru some gyrations and give you a "report" in your odometer readout. A "0" is good.
You may have a bad control head. As you noted, the default mode is defrost, so if the body computer senses a loss of signal from the controls, it will put it into defrost.
Again assuming yours is a convertible or sedan, salvage control heads are fairly commonly available on eBay and in junkyards. The part is used in the sedan and convertible and in the Dodge Stratus from 2001 through 2006, so there are lots of them out there. It's an easy replacement which I would definitely try before tearing the dash apart.
The IOD fuse is the one in the middle of the fuse panel at the left end of the dashboard. Easily recognized by the "ears". You can pop it out with no tools.

How do I access the control door in the dash only cold air is blowing through defrost and floor