Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Hi Everybody and sebring coupe question??? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/hi-everybody-sebring-coupe-question-6496/)

burbur 09-20-2008 09:01 PM

Hi Everybody and sebring coupe question???

Hi everybody
I am new to the forum so big HELLLO and not new to chrysler. There is my first question whats up with this dash on sebrings 2003-2005 9 out of 10 have damage to dash board next to the vent close to windshield or on the rihgt side over the gauges I am talking about coupes. I am looking for this model as my wife love it with 3.0 L as it is Mitsu powerplant but this dash is damaged in 90% of the cars I looked. Any info or advice for that?? I negotiate $6200 for 2004 sebring with 65K but I said I will buy it if dealer fix the dash. Still waiting? Any idea how much for replacement of it or any help will be great as she is picky and the only car she wants in the whole world is 2003-5 Sebring. 2000-2002 have Mitsu dash and this problem dont exist. I like chryslers a lot as the design is cool but 4 years old car whats up with it??
Thanks in advance I am still looking for car. I am in chicago area
Burbur

burbur 09-20-2008 09:09 PM

RE: Hi Everybody and sebring coupe question???

by the way any other issues I should be aware of?? with 2000-2005 coupes? Is $6200 good price for 2004?

irdaneel 09-21-2008 10:37 PM

Fit and finish in Chrysler products has always been pretty and convenient, but not always durable. I presume you mean the dash cover has shrunken or cracked at that location. (Sun Damage?)

I spent a little time looking, but couldn't find replacement cost. My normal resources don't have it. If you look and make calls around to dealers you can figure it into your purchase price.

Oh, and if your wife likes only that car, she's probably worth it. (I too am married to a Sebring owner/lover!)

burbur 09-23-2008 02:46 AM

We took 2001 lxi for a test drive. Feels good beside brakes I read about wrapping isues and have horrible brakes in 99 cirrus. Looks like we will decide on 2001-02 coupe model. I took a look at 2004 the same issue with dash it is poping out next to the vent closest to windshield up front. aaaa why why why I dont want to spend 6K and fix dash, we will rather live with older model. Dealer asked 6400 (66K) no deal tomorrow we plan to see 2001 54K LXI coupe they start with $6999 will see what we can do. If anybody know about any issues let me know 2001-2005
Thanks

TelecasterMan 09-27-2008 07:32 PM

I have a 2003 Coupe and have had Zero problems with it.
Dash is fine. No warping on the brakes.

Next to the 69 Charger and the 300M, I think the Sebring coupe is one of the sharpest cars ever built.

dcotter0579 10-01-2008 02:31 PM

Just so you know, the Coupe is an entirely different car from the sedan and convertible. The coupe is built by Mitsubishi, the sedan and convertible are built by Chrysler. There is very little commonality in parts, interior or exterior.
I agree that the coupe is a sharp looking car, amost as good looking as my convertible. ;)

Pookey 03-09-2011 07:21 PM

I have the 2004 Sebring coupe and my dash is warping over the instrument panel. I've read a number of complaints regarding the same thing with Sebrings and while it does get hot here in Florida, I've never had another vehicle do this. Any ideas other than a total replacement? It'll be paid off in Nov and I'd like to hang onto it as long as possible. Other than little leg room for my son who is 6'8" tall, I have few complaints.

Pookey 03-29-2011 04:28 PM

My dash has two issues. One I should've/could've gotten repaired under warranty (I think) but I let the time run out. That one has to do with the dash surrounding the vent at the windshield - it's separating and showing the yellow padding (?) underneath. The other problem is over the speedometer and idiot lights (I prefer a real gauge). There are two screws holding the dash to the molding and the warping is just to the right of that. There's another section which includes the accessory tray (tiny little tray good for very little) which I think kept them from adding a third screw.
I had researched my VIN, thinking there might be a recall on the dash and found then that Mitsubishi manufactured my car. And, I think my car is just a sporty as your convertible. Even if the dash IS messed up. I was hoping to attach a pic but that didn't work.