Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

HELP!! All of the Sudden Electrical Woes !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Default HELP!! All of the Sudden Electrical Woes !!!!

I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Limited Convertible with just over 71k miles. This car has pulled something totally new today. It was working fine until late this afternoon when I got home and armed the security system via the remote like normal. I went back out later and I noticed that the security system light was not blinking and little else seemed to be functioning. I have Checked Every Fuse in the Driver's Side Interior Fuse Panel and I have also checked the Power Distribution Fuse Panel and Tightened up any loose Battery Terminals and the terminals were perfectly clean and The Battery has plenty of Charge. The car seems to start OK But not sure what else is Not working that I may not be aware of. OK here is a List of what I have Noticed thus far that is No Longer functioning:

Horn

Wipers

Gauges

Warning Lights Except for The E-Brake Indicator Light and Oil Pressure Lights that seem to function still

Power Door Locks and Security system

Power Trunk Release

Power Top

A/C

Dash Lights/Dimmer

Courtesy or Interior Lights

Is there something, Perhaps a Fuse, Relay Possible Circuit Breaker that I could possibly be Overlooking, Where should I start to look? I have been curious is there a way to test the BCM if there would be a ground Issue, Where should I start to look. Mechanically I am a Novice and know enough to be Dangerous. I have done the Instrument Panel Diagnostic Test and all of the missing Dash Lights seem to work and the display reads "No DTC"'s. I have attempted the Chrysler Key-Dance to No avail, I would assume that since the Odometer/Trip Meter is Not functioning correctly that may be the reason for that.

Thanks,

Larry

Old 10-17-2013, 06:49 PM

Sounds like it might be a BCM (body control module) issue. Just about everything on your list goes through the body computer.
The best way to get in there and find out what's going on is to hook the car up to a DRB III scanner and see what turns up. Dealers have them and many good quality repair garages will also.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:16 PM

So This is more than Likely Gonna be a Dealer Only Type of Repair Huh? I contacted them today and they want $95 for a Diagnostic Fee and trace a possible Short, If its more Then Its More. DAYUM I am Poor I cant afford these kinda repairs. If I could Locate a BCM on EBay it would till need to be programmed, from what I understand.