Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2007 chrysler sebring instrument cluster back lighting not working

Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Default 2007 chrysler sebring instrument cluster back lighting not working

He guys going alittle crazy here I have a 2007 sebring with the white instrument cluster everthing works exept the back lighting to the speedo , gas gauge and tac I have sent out the cluster to be looked at and they told me everything is working on the cluster. so what now ? lol do I have an inverter somewhere in the dash? and help with this would be greaaat thanks

Old 10-24-2013, 07:07 PM

p.s the dimmer switch works for the interior lights , radio lights ,clock ,shifter ect... and everything else on the clusters just not the backlighting because it don't light up

Old 10-25-2013, 02:17 AM

I had the same issue. I did some research and the best thing, or at least the easiest thing to do is replace and bypass the stock inverter. I wrote up a step by step guide just for it. Here: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...sebring-20515/

Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by fhadso
I had the same issue. I did some research and the best thing, or at least the easiest thing to do is replace and bypass the stock inverter. I wrote up a step by step guide just for it. Here: https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...sebring-20515/
Hey thanks for the response , I just might go that route. One question where on the circuit board is the inverter? I just find it weird that when I sent it out they told me everything was working

Old 10-26-2013, 01:24 PM

It's not on the board from what I've looked into. In my guide, I said to desolder the clip that connects the glow film and connect the inverter you buy off eBay to a 12v source and then the inverter to that clip. Thus bypassing the stock inverter.

In fact, that is the easiest way to go about it. You would have to find the inverter, which is god knows where in the dash, replace it, and hope to god it lasts. This way, if it went out again, it's just a simple replacement.

Last edited by fhadso; 10-26-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 PM

It's not on the board from what I've looked into. In my guide, I said to desolder the clip that connects the glow film and connect the inverter you buy off eBay to a 12v source and then the inverter to that clip. Thus bypassing the stock inverter.

In fact, that is the easiest way to go about it. You would have to find the inverter, which is god knows where in the dash, replace it, and hope to god it lasts. This way, if it went out again, it's just a simple replacement.
Well I ordered the same inverter you got off eBay just waiting for it , I might try and find another clip to use seeing that I can't seem to get the needles off face to get behind clip to desolder it,I feel like I'm going to break something :-( we shall see

Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 AM

Did you remove the cluster from the dash? You won't need to take the needles off to do this. Just take the back off. You might, however, need to remove the front clear face and bezel.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM

Did you remove the cluster from the dash? You won't need to take the needles off to do this. Just take the back off. You might, however, need to remove the front clear face and bezel.
So I got the inverter today and just hooked it up with out taken clip off yet and wala :-) I have lights again. Now just have to take clip off :-( lol aka just want to send out a big thanks for your help was well appreciated

Old 10-29-2013, 09:12 AM

No problem. I couldn't find a definitive guide or answer to my problem, so I just made my own to share.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 AM

No problem. I couldn't find a definitive guide or answer to my problem, so I just made my own to share.
I have just one more question .. I would like to dim the panel alittle more than I can now ..my inverter didn't have a voltage regulator to do so. Do know what I could use to do this ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 chrysler sebring instrument cluster back lighting not working