Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   I might be getting a sebring, need info tho. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/i-might-getting-sebring-need-info-tho-468/)

xXAaronXx 07-13-2005 04:43 AM

I might be getting a sebring, need info tho.

I just lost my 93 dodge intrepid (((http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/...ad.php?t=57585)))

As you see from that post I am considering a sebring as one of my new car choices. I have looked on
epinions, consumerguide, and carsurvey.org however, and things dont look to good for sebrings. There is a nice on in
town, a 97 Sebring Lxi with just under 100,000 which I hope to get for around 5,000-5,500 if I decide
to get it. Do you think this would be a good choice? I think the car looks great inside and out! I just
see those reviews and ratings I am worried about it though.

I am also considering an 97 avenger ES which as about the same thing, about the same price, and seems to have
a better looking set of opinions and reviews going for it.

Please let me know, I dont want to be in the shop constantly getting fixed up, I would like to never be in the shop
getting it fixed of course. I never had a single shop fix on my intrepid until the overheating...and that was a nice 2 years.

2004LX 07-13-2005 10:09 AM

RE: I might be getting a sebring, need info tho.

I know how you feel. The problem with carsurvey.org (IMO) is that people generally seem to b*tch about the problems their cars have and don't seem to give credit for the good points about them. I looked at SEVERAL cars and maybe 15 different dealerships before I found my Sebring. I actually did read carsurvey.org for all of the cars I was interested in, and I too found a lot of negative comments about EVERY car I was looking at getting. But every car has it's problems, just don't let other people's bad experiences discourage you too much. I'm not too familiar with the older Sebrings and reliability, but if you take care of any car it should last a long time. My 2 cents..hope that helps a little. ;)

BadStratRT 07-14-2005 04:19 PM

ok..i have a stratus coupe, but it is very similar to the Sebring LXi coupe. people will tell stories of troubles, but i TRASH my car, and i have had very few issues. i broke the front motor mount, but that was at about 51000 miles, and to give you an idea of the beating my car takes, i had it 4 days, and the intake and exhaust were added, that night, she hit the dragstrip. i have autocrossed her as well. in 51000 miles, i have been through 4 sets of tires, NOT counting the tires i use when im at the track, and 3 sets of brake pads. however, i am still on the original rotors, and they have been cut once. granted, my car does get regular preventative maintenance. i changed my oil every thousand miles for the first 40k, then i went every 3 thousand, but only with full synthetic oil. i have had my cooling system and tranny power flushed several times each, and i keep a close eye on things like brakes and tires.

people that have LOTS of complaints about their cars usually know nothing about cars,and dont take care of them, in my experiences while working in the automotive industry.

xXAaronXx 07-15-2005 02:52 AM

Thanks for your input. I noticed on the car fax report that in the year the last owner had the car there hasnt been a single issue. There were 3 exhaust, electrical system, and brake services reported, but that was in the first 50.000 or so. I am also wondering what the life expectancy would be on this car? If it had been takin care of ok up to this 100,000 point and I took good care of it should it last till well over 200,000?

BadStratRT 07-16-2005 11:26 AM

umm..its an american car...i would never say 200,000...my old ramcharger is creeeping up on that measure, but they dont make vehicles like that anymore

2004LX 07-17-2005 09:44 AM

I know a guy who has an 01 Sebring Sedan with 150,000+ miles. I'm not too certain on some cars, but I know there are a lot of cars that will last well past 200,000 miles if taken care of. I used to own a 94 Bonneville and it had 125,000 miles and ran like new. I got in a bad accident but it would have lasted a lot longer. I know COUNTLESS others who have 200,000 - 250,000 (a handful with over 300K) or more miles, a lot with the original engine, and quite a few with original trannies.

Now yes, I'm talking about differents cars/engines, but just take good care of a car and it should pay you back.