Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2002 Sebring Sedan LX - FRONT BRAKES

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Cool 2002 Sebring Sedan LX - FRONT BRAKES

Completed the replacement of front brakes and rotors on my 2002 Sebring Sedan, and just wanted to post some points I did not see on other threads:

1. Contrary to what my on-line subscription to AllData DIY lists, the front disc brakes are different than the rear ones in their design. Behind the two plastic caps on the front calipers, you need a 7mm Hex Bit Socket to remove the caliper slide bolts from inside the protective rubber boots - not a regular 10mm socket to remove a visible bolt as on the rear brakes. (Of course I didn't have this size, and my local hardware store did not have individual Hex Bit Sockets, so had to buy an entire Metric Hex Bit set for $ 30.00.) Also, make sure you lift both front wheels off the ground, as you may have to turn the steering wheel to access these bolts - other components may be in the way.

2. Need an 18mm socket to remove the two caliper bracket support bolts, to remove this bracket, so I could remove the rotor. (At least I had this tool.) AllData DIY sort of forgot to mention this too. (All AllData DIY states is: remove the two caliper bolts, and remove the rotor. Not true.)

3. Pads came right off. Note that on my set (from Pep Boys), the front inboard pads are different on the back for each side, the outboard ones were identical. Used plenty of moly grease (came with the pad set) on the slide bolts, and a touch on the contact points on the pads.

4. As always, with the correct tools and knowledge, it is pretty simple.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:02 PM

Thanks for posting