Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Looking to purchase a 2004 Chrysler Sebring V6 - Please advise (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/looking-purchase-2004-chrysler-sebring-v6-please-advise-914/)

TricksX 12-30-2005 01:38 AM

Looking to purchase a 2004 Chrysler Sebring V6 - Please advise

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to purchase the 2004 Sebring Sedan. I've looked around and I saw a pretty nice one. It has 90,000 km (yes, metric.. im in Canada) this is equal to about 60,000 miles. I've been looking around at customer reviews and asking people I know who own Sebrings about their advice on this car. For a 2004 car with already 60k miles on it, is there anything that might be due for breaking down on this car? I test drove it and it seemed like a nice ride, however I dont want to purchase the car only to have everything fall apart on me.
The two big issues I've noticed about this car so far would be the frequent repairs needed on transmission and something about the rear ball berrings.

I saw this chrysler forum posted on a site and figured, "who better to ask than those who know the car best?"
Is there any advice you could share about purchasing this car used, like what to beware of mechanically, and also anything I might be able to use to force the price down?

What are some very common problems in the 2004 model, and would you recommend purchasing this car used?

Thanks for any information!

perryrtman 12-30-2005 03:48 AM

RE: Looking to purchase a 2004 Chrysler Sebring V6 - Please advise

all i can really tell you is 60000 miles is kinda high miles for just a 2004. but the price should be really good then. ide just guess at around maybe 13. to 16.. i just got a 2004 coupe v6 for 16 kelly blue book was 19 it had 17000 miles. excellent shape. . ide guess youll have to do some minor maintenance,you know the fun stuff. a 2004 tranny should give you no problems, change all fluids even if it looks clean. and if it rides good its a good car in my oppinion, i also owned a 2000 stratus rt coupe with the same engine, 3.0 and never had any problems with it. ide say get it with the extended warranty to 75000 miles and youll be safe.

NESSA1010 01-04-2007 12:53 AM

I HAVE A 2004 SEBRING SEDAN THAT I HAD BOUGHT FOR 12K AND I FOR THE FIRST FEW MONTHS I HAD NO PROBLEM. LOVED THE CAR. THEN THE PROBLEMS CAME. IT ACCELERATES WHEN I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP. IT HAS DIED ON ME A COUPLOE TIME FOR NO REASON. THE TIRES MAKE A WHINNING NOISE. IT STUDDERS SOME TIMES WHEN DRIVING DOWN THE FREEWAY. DON'T DO IT MAN. I'M TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT OF MINE!

silver01v6 03-15-2007 12:54 AM

id steer clear of it if its the 2.7. lots of known problems. but really for being almost 3 1/2 years old thats not all too uncommon. around 25k miles a year? i use to drive 40k a year on a cavalier of all things with no big problems. i say get it inspected and go from there.