Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Metal heater line leaking (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/metal-heater-line-leaking-25208/)

purplepuller 10-28-2015 06:35 PM

Metal heater line leaking

Installed new radiator cap there on Sunday drove to work Monday morning and on way home car got hot. Looked where car was parked Tuesday morning at work and there was a huge wet spot where the antifreeze drained out. Found today one of the metal lines going to heater core is leaking. Looks like a very tough job to replace. Has anyone ever changed these lines out?

purplepuller 10-29-2015 07:53 PM

Tore into it this evening, took out overflow tank, unhooked power steering reservoir to power steering pump and hose and removed it. Looks like I'm going to have to raise or lower motor to get line up out of there.

purplepuller 10-30-2015 06:02 PM

Got the old lines out. Didn't have to move the motor. Had to bend the small tab that holds the small wiring harness. Looks like I'm going just cut off the tab on the new piece to make it easier to get back in place. A few wire ties should hold the wires in place. should have new factory piece by mon or tues.

dcotter0579 10-31-2015 09:49 AM

Not sure if you're looking for help on this thread, but if you are, you'll stand a better chance of getting some if you include some basic information like make, model, year and engine size.

purplepuller 10-31-2015 07:09 PM

All no not needing help just letting other sebring owners this job is not to bad to do. Have about three hours of time in it now. 2004 Sebring Sedan 2.4 DOHC. The lines were really in bad shape(rusty) Was going to fail eventually.

purplepuller 11-04-2015 11:34 AM

Got her all back together last night. Had about another 2hrs. in it. got a factory piece and the parts guy told me that the part was on back order, luckly he had one on the shelf. Cut the on tab off that holds the wiring harness and it fell right in place.

Alexanderhill917 11-17-2015 11:51 AM

Same problem

Originally Posted by purplepuller (Post 92216)
Got the old lines out. Didn't have to move the motor. Had to bend the small tab that holds the small wiring harness. Looks like I'm going just cut off the tab on the new piece to make it easier to get back in place. A few wire ties should hold the wires in place. should have new factory piece by mon or tues.

How did you get the pipe out exactly? I am trying and having a hard time. It seems the timing belt housing is it the way.

purplepuller 11-21-2015 09:45 AM

the line was so rusted that it bent a little bit when trying to pull it up out of there. Take off top timing cover. actually broke a piece off the timing cover on engine when getting pipe out. had to bend the top tab over a good bit. and even the tab that secures it to the inner fender. sorry it took so long to answer.

Alexanderhill917 11-21-2015 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by purplepuller (Post 92518)
the line was so rusted that it bent a little bit when trying to pull it up out of there. Take off top timing cover. actually broke a piece off the timing cover on engine when getting pipe out. had to bend the top tab over a good bit. and even the tab that secures it to the inner fender. sorry it took so long to answer.

Thanks