Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   A new Lake on my front floorboard??? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/new-lake-my-front-floorboard-278/)

wglyons 05-05-2005 11:21 PM

A new Lake on my front floorboard???

OK...I just bought a 1997 Sebring Convertible JXi and I am sooo happy with it so far. Craziest thing though...This afternoon, following a heavy rain (36 hrs straight) I got in the car and saw a ton of water on the passenger side front and rear floor. Of course, the Infinity amp is under the passenger seat, so I think it is fried. Anyway, I don't know where exactly the water is coming from and I was hoping someone would have some insight for me. I took out the passenger seat and dried the carpets really good. I was thinking of drilling a couple of small holes in the bottom of the car so if this happens again, the water will have an outlet.

I have been reading up and see that this has been an issue for others. I was just hoping there was some type of solution or at least some type of preventative action I could take.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Still loving the car, despite the recent interior bath,

Greg

ace 05-11-2005 02:34 AM

RE: A new Lake on my front floorboard???

well i know the weatherstripping on the soft top gets replaced as far as if this is the problem i dunno you have to look at them and maybe have someone pour some water on the car with a hose to verify where it is coming from sounds stupid but its the only way to make sure where it is coming from.

Emersive Audio Video 06-30-2005 03:13 AM

You know what I had a weird water problem to. I usually never leave the car parked outside of my garage just because the car is perfect but I also use the garage as my shop.

I had a a few plasma Tv's in it so I had to leave the car out in a rain storm and I wasnt happy about it. The next day when I would back up and then go forward I could hear water sloshig aroung inside the body somewhere.

I couldnt see any any where but it was definetly in there somewhere. I looked under the car where the body seem is welded and coudl see some water drippign slowly out. I think there are weep holes but mine might be plugged. I was also thinking of drillign holes in theere but I opted not to and just left the water to dry out as its get so damn hot here it wouldnt take long and it didnt. Its all gone now and I problably wont be out in the rane with it any more but you never know.

I thought that was weird but I think your problem might be the top. OR Many where the rear windows close up. I think theres a lot of space there and that may let weather in.

Sheasseabring 01-18-2006 07:20 PM

Ive had this similar problem and upon talking with some other sebring owners I found out that their are some plugs to let out this water traped in the body. The only thing is that I dont know where they are?!?! Any insight?!?

laxposition 11-17-2006 12:16 AM

Water noise in body:

I found small Drain holes located in the rear wheel wells plugged. Cleaned out with a thin coat-hanger wire.
Holes are located in front of rear tire, in the bottom of the wheel well at a 3 - way seam.

You have to fish around at the bottom edge of the whell well and poke the wire toward the front of the car.
The holes are small enough that they plug frequently

Lake on Floorboard: ANY LUCK FINDING THE ROOT CAUSE ?

I had this once when I took a slow drive thru a spray-wash and once during a hard rain. Had to strip carpet and underlaying cushion out (which REALY holds water).
It is such a big leak that I would have hoped to see it as it occurred - but did not.

I am wondering if the inflow is so great, it just overcomes the leak hole flow, backs up thru the hollow members of the frame, then spill upward under the carpet.

Any ideas?