Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   NOOB (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/noob-209/)

2004LX 04-15-2005 03:21 PM

NOOB

Hi, I just purchased a 2004 Sebring sedan. I've only owned GM vehicles before, but I recently sold my old rusty car and wanted something newer that is reliable and good looking. And I got this car for way less than blue book value. My Sebring has the 2.4L engine. I've been doing some research on it so I can become familiar with it, does anyone have any info on it, common problems, things like that? I'm totally new to this car, and Chyrsler vehicles in general. Any info or good websites to check out would be great! Thanks!

-Pete

BadStratRT 04-15-2005 05:51 PM

RE: NOOB

i workd for a DCX dealership, and i never saw any issues there were regular happenings...the only thing, do you have the aluminum rims? i saw cases where the clearcoating on the wheels began to peel, which they will usually warranty.

2004LX 04-16-2005 02:11 AM

Yes, I have the aluminum rims. Hopefully the clear coating won't chip too soon, it is a fairly new car.

By the way, I notice already that I have a tapping noise when idling. It definitely is not a knock, but it seems to me that it is louder than it should be for an engine with only 19,500 miles. The idle holds steady rpms, everything else is fine, it drives perfectly fine, but it makes a light tapping noise....what is this caused by? I know other cars I have had had a similar 'lifter tap' that was just normal....please tell me this is just normal...because even though I have a warranty, I don't want any problems, especially days after I bought this car.

Thanks for the help.

BadStratRT 04-16-2005 07:10 PM

the odds are about 90% that you are hearing the noisy injectors that they use on these cars..i know the injectors on my RT are noisy as hell.

2004LX 04-16-2005 11:12 PM

I was thinking about that today, and was about to use injector cleaner, but if the injectors themselves are loud to begin with I doubt it would help the situation other than keeping them clean, which isn't a bad thing.

Thanks for the reply...that helped to ease my mind a bit.

BadStratRT 04-17-2005 12:54 PM

oh, they arent noisy because theyre goign bad or anything...theyre just noisy becaue theyre noisy..

ace 05-26-2005 12:24 AM

yeah chrysler has noisy injector on just about all noisy minivans as well

SXTNNY 05-26-2005 03:10 AM

I just traded my 2003 Neon SXT for my 2004 Sebring Platinum Edition Limited. The injectors in the 2.0 were SOOOO noisey. No worries though. All is fine.

JXI101 06-21-2005 11:12 PM

funny... I have a 98 sebring, just now after 8 years gave me one major problem... the starter circuit was grounding out and we had to fix it... I broke my transmissions street racing wich probably isn't what you have in mind. Chrysler makes good vehicles, but if something goes wrong, you better know how to fix it because parts for these cars are actually higher for some than ferrari's.. That's no joke. $20 for a throttle body gasket... you can make one for 6... just learn your car, and treat her well, you should have no problems...

viciouslows 06-22-2005 01:41 AM

my mom drives an 04 i think... we had lots of problems with it, all while under warranty though.. took it to the shop 9 times in three months... some belt kept coming off... it was an odd situation.. we were thinking about making the dealer buy it back...