Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Now airbag light is on. 01 Sebring conv (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/now-airbag-light-01-sebring-conv-2842/)

car5car 04-06-2007 10:10 PM

Now airbag light is on. 01 Sebring conv

I have installed rad. support and bumper after accident, I did not see airbag sensor there. I washed engine today and airbag light is on now.
1. Is there airbag sensor in fr. bumper area or just inside module?
2. Can I get airbag codes w/o scanner?
3. Are there books in Chrysler dealerships or only computers used?
4. Is there full tech info on internet?
Another problem: car shakes side to side sometimes. It could be because of bubble on tire but I would hate to spend 100 for tire and still have shakes.
Thanks.

CHRYSLER TECH 04-07-2007 03:16 AM

RE: Now airbag light is on. 01 Sebring conv

lets see
yes
no
computer only
doubt it
low speeds wobble??? good year i bet

car5car 04-07-2007 05:01 AM

Thanks.
1 question, yes meaning there is sensor in front bumper area?
I found some info that seat position cangive airbagn code. Some wire pulled?

car5car 04-07-2007 10:34 AM

I moved seat and light disappeared.

CHRYSLER TECH 04-07-2007 12:16 PM

wel there ya go any computer now a days will have more then 30 different codes that will turn on a ligh like air bag brake check engine light there is no way to guess and tell u what the light it with out haveing that code that turn it on it the first place,

car5car 04-07-2007 01:59 PM

Thanks, Chrysler tech, are a foreman? How long do you work for Chrysler? Maybe I should apply for a job at Chrysler dealership. I know how to deal with problems. If ABS light is on just wait it will go away, if airbag light is on -move your seat!

CHRYSLER TECH 04-07-2007 08:23 PM

hehe not that simple my friend I have been with chrysler for 11 years Went to a techional school for a 3 years
and got an associates degree. Now a level 4 ac / 5 electrical / 5 engine performance/ 3 tranny / 4 engine repair. 5 is the highest with updates.

car5car 04-07-2007 10:55 PM

Wow! Respect! The only thing I never fixed is transmissions. I used to buy flood cars (engine, computer system, electrical system damage.) Standard flood engine work- connecting rod, rings, bearings. Do you fix non Chrysler cars sometimes?

CHRYSLER TECH 04-08-2007 12:15 PM

yeah depends but my main field is chrysler ,dodge ,jeep

gferr56 05-04-2010 11:19 AM

Just picked up an 01 Sebring LXi... Bumper missing, headlights broken, brakes bad... and almost every idiot light on the dash was illuminated...

Reading throughout the forum I was able to sovle all but one.. and is related to the original question in this post. Airbag warning light is still on.

When putting the new bumper on I noticed a capacitor looking component plugged into a connector just hanging around. Looks like what ever surrounded it was broken off during the low speed impact.

Am I assuming correctly that this is the front airbag sensor...?

And if so, will replacing it correct the Airbag Warning light.