Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   performance (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/performance-800/)

96sebring 11-20-2005 04:15 PM

performance

Im new to chrysler cars so right now I dont know much. I was wondering what kind of performance parts I could get for my 1996 2.5L v6 sebring convertable. Any help would be great. thanks

JXI101 11-20-2005 08:20 PM

RE: performance

They've pretty much squeezed all the juice out of those motors that they can. The only thing you can really do to them would be like, new high flow intake (K&N, Spectre, even some cheap crap from autozone, but no FRAM!!!), Then add a custom exhaust, low pro tires, headers do a bit. Fuel addatives!!! Big Big Big performance upgrade... I reccomend Mach 3, or prestone 0-60 octane booster... I would try to avoid Lucas oils products, they are really bad for you engine. Hotter spark, bosch plugs with 2,3, or 4 prong tips.... I don't reccomend any form of forced induction at all,.. production, bottom bracket, turbo, nothing... stay away... you will blow that little motor up... I made that mistake of putting a turbo on my sebring... it doesn't do anything for it... the sucker bogs at idle, spools at mid range, and leans out toward 4500 rpms.... you would beat hondas all day long, but try to stay in the lower game area,... your car is not fast, nor will it ever be fast, these are just some things you can do to make it quicker....

If you have the money, you might get a piggy back or super chip for it and have it tuned professionally... keep in mind that if you upgrade acceleration and top end, you need to upgrade your brakes... wilwood, or brembo are the two I swear by, however there are others out there that will keep up. If you have any questions about price, brand names, performance etc, just ask me or PM me..

96sebring 11-20-2005 08:59 PM

thanks for the info do you know any sites i can go to to look at parts?

BLACK JACK 11-21-2005 12:12 PM

YOU GOT IT RIGHT DUD...
I HAVE A 1997 SEBRING CONVERTABLE AND HAVE FOUND PRETTY MUCH THE SAME THING.MASS AIR I FOUND ON E-BAY,AND SOME HOTTER PLUGS WAS ABOUT ALL YOU CAN DO FOR THE LITTLE ENGIN THAT COULD...LOL
I ADDED A SPOILER AND A HOOD SCOOP,SOME NICE WHEELES AND I DONT GO VERY FAST ,BUT I LOOK GOOD SITTING THERE..[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][8D]

JXI101 11-21-2005 04:26 PM

just go into an autozone or O'Reilly's or something. www.horsepowerfreaks.com has some good universal parts, at a good price, but going into a "vato-zone" (no- offense) or O'Reilly's would basically give you everything you need. It's all there. just upgrade your car like a mexican civic, nothing more you can do.

96sebring 11-21-2005 09:55 PM

thanks for all the info guys.