Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Sebring Convertible 06 - Radio/iPod Input Question (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/sebring-convertible-06-radio-ipod-input-question-10695/)

LewisP 02-01-2010 12:32 PM

Sebring Convertible 06 - Radio/iPod Input Question

Hi all,

As I say in the title, I have an 06 Sebring Convertible, with the original factory standard radio. I've been using a FM transmitter for a while now with my iPod, but the sound's pretty bad from it. I want to install a connector and have been looking around but can't seem to find the best one.

I've found this (click) on eBay but it says I'd need a connector port in the glovebox. I don't have this, but the connector (albeit looking at a bad picture) looks like it may plug into the radio at the back - where the CD changer would go.

Does anyone know if this would work (if these connectors in the glove box are the same as the CD Changer in the back of the radio), or, even if it did fit, is there something I'm missing like some kind of modulator that would prevent audio from transmitting? I'm not too bothered about being able to control through the stereo (would be ideal but not essential), I just want to be able to hear the thing clearly!

...or does anyone know any other cheap alternatives - would be great if I could find something that would have an iPod interface and allow me to have a 3.5mm jack so I could play other audio devices that aren't iPods...

jwthomas366 08-11-2011 10:38 AM

Looking for something very similar. My wife would like to play her Pandora from her cell phone through the factory audio system on her 2005 Sebring convertable. Ipod may come later.

LewisP 08-15-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by jwthomas366 (Post 53225)
Looking for something very similar. My wife would like to play her Pandora from her cell phone through the factory audio system on her 2005 Sebring convertable. Ipod may come later.

Assuming it's the same radio as the '06, which I'm sure it would be (as the '06 was the last model before the complete overhaul), I bought one of these: FACTORY RADIO AUX INTERFACE ADAPTER INPUT ANDROID IPOD - eBay (item 380332683123 end time Sep-12-11 03:09:13 PDT)

I've had it since Christmas and although there is sometimes a bit of noise interference, overall it's very good, a million times better than an FM transmitter!

Really easy to fit, too, I never knew how easy it was to remove a car stereo (which sounds terrible lol)

I use it for my phone and Slacker/Pandora and it's great - assuming your wife's got an Android, it makes it into a handy hands free kit too as somehow the caller can hear me even if I'm not holding the phone. Definitely worth the investment.

jwthomas366 08-16-2011 08:51 AM

Thanks for the info, sounds like what I need. By chance can you tell me if this just plugs into the back of the factory radio or do I need to modify?

helo735 08-20-2011 10:26 PM

will one of these swap into a 98?