Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Thinking about buying 2015 200 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/thinking-about-buying-2015-200-a-30411/)

Caleb 02-06-2019 09:07 AM

Thinking about buying 2015 200

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum as some of you might see, I'm thinking about buying a 2015 Chrysler 200 C and I would like some feedback on it, if you want to get straight into it, here's a link to the car: https://www.priorityauto.com/used/Ch...9422e3a641.htm
It's all blue, has all leather interior and I feel like it's perfect. I want something sporty but not something like a GT or anything. I don't know much about Chryslers and I've got a few questions. I test-drove it and I feel like it ran well although my father and the car salesmen were in the car so I probably wont actually drive like that maybe a little faster ;).. It seemed to go decently fast and it was comfortable even for my 6'3 self. The salesmen said that the wheels on the car were custom and I'm not sure what you guys think about them. My few questions are, 1. are the wheels custom? 2. What exactly does the 's' stand for on the gear shift. I assume it's for a sport mode but I don't exactly understand what that does for me except maybe allow my car to accelerate faster? I also noticed some +/- little paddles on the wheel and I'm curious to what those mean as well. I would google it but I feel like I'd get a better answer from people who actually drive the car. Also how's the stereo system? I like to play my music decently loud and usually like to have the bass pretty loud but that's not all the time. Obviously I could put a subwoofer in the trunk or such to improve it but the default stereo, is it nice or is it kinda on the lower side of quality? Is there anything else I should know about this car before I buy it? Anything I should do or cool things I could do to modify it and make a little more sporty? Thanks guys!

dcotter0579 02-06-2019 10:56 AM

Those are probably aftermarket wheels. There are many sources of aftermarket wheels, so if you break one, it will probably take some diligent research to find an exact replacement. The +/- paddles on the steering wheel are to allow you to manually shift the gears of the transmission when you turn the shift knob to the "S" position. The owners manual will have information about that. Download one from chrysler.com.
There are many ways to upgrade the sound system in the aftermarket. If you want to go that route, it will all depend on your budget and personal preferences.
If you explore the forum here you'll get a feel for complaints people have had with their 2015 Chrysler 200's. You may notice a lot fewer complaints as compared to previous model Chryslers.
You won't find a whole lot of upgrades on the aftermarket to soup up a Chrysler 200. For something like a Mustang there are hundreds of things out there, but for a 200, not nearly as many. It's a fairly plain-jane utilitarian car so the interest on the part of owners to jazz it up is not great.

Caleb 02-06-2019 06:04 PM

Okay cool, thanks for all the information. I'm planning on going back to the dealership within a day or two to buy it, I definitely wanna try out the sports mode not sure though. Does it really do anything for me except make the car manualish?

dcotter0579 02-06-2019 09:58 PM

Same engine and transmission. So no, it's not going to be any faster. You might decide it's more fun to drive that way. Shifting is not fully manual. The computer will override a really stupid command on the driver's part to prevent damage.

Smokey0210 02-07-2019 09:26 AM

Coming from a 200c owner

Hi, first off, I wanna let you know that that’s a really good looking 200C. Those wheels are definitely not aftermarket! Those are the 200 S or C premium wheels. I’ve been looking for a set of those, if you don’t want them, let me know. LOL As for the stereo, it looks like it has the Alpine stereo which gives you 7 speakers plus a subwoofer. There should be no reason that you want to put an extra sub woofer in the truck. It’s already part of the rear parcel shelf. It does have a tendency to rattle, so sometimes you have to have a sound deadening kit installed, but it’s not that big of a deal to do yourself it’s out of warranty. As far as performance goes, I love my car. I kick the crap out of so many cars with mine it’s unreal. The 3.6 L engine in there produces 295 hp and with that nine speed transmission I can hang with hemi chargers and challengers until 120mph when my governor kicks in. In the midsize sedan segment, there are very few cars that compare performance wise to it. It does not always handle the curves the best. But it will not disappoint with acceleration. S mode is more than just making the car faster. It actually locks the gears in the transmission and will not force the car to upshift. You will end up bouncing off your rev limiter when you’re in S mode if you’re not paying attention. It also automatically disables traction control, why I don’t know. There have been a few issues I’ve had with my car since purchased a little over a year ago. Most things are pretty easily remedied, especially if it has any warranty. But it has never left me stranded, I love driving it every day, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with this vehicle. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Caleb 02-07-2019 06:32 PM

Thanks for all the information! I am actually more curious about the stereo system then anything. Is there anywhere I can find anymore information on the system that comes standard? I've always wanted a subwoofer in a car but never commited to buying one. I am planning on going to the dealership tomorrow so I guess I'll find out but I'm assuming it runs well? Also that's interesting that the wheels aren't aftermarket, the dealer told me they were. Also where do you think I could find more information on how to use the Sport mode? I've never used a manual before and am a complete newbie.

Caleb 02-07-2019 06:35 PM

I just read on there that it only had 6 speakers? Might have a different stereo then you thought, or the dealership posted wrong not sure but thanks anyways!

Caleb 02-08-2019 09:42 AM

Sorry I know I keep responding to my own through, but I haven't figured out how to edit responses. I've been doing some research and I think the 200c I'm about to purchase is different from the standard car. I don't think this one has the parking assist or the alpine 9 speaker stereo system. But I'm not sure. Hmm

dcotter0579 02-08-2019 10:36 AM

Parking assist and alpine speaker system are more likely extra cost options than standard equipment.

Smokey0210 02-08-2019 03:09 PM

The 200 C was a pretty good trim package. But if you have the touchscreen, you’ll get the back up camera with distance indicators, it won’t beep for anything as a back up though. If it has alpine emblems on the doors then it does have the Alpine stereo. Wage after re-counting is nine speakers plus a subwoofer. The subwoofer is an 8 inch mounted in the middle of the rear package shelf. Under your audio options on your Uconnect, you’ll be able to turn on things like surroundsound and mess with the EQ.