Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Two separate issues, fan speed dial and washer fluid. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/two-separate-issues-fan-speed-dial-washer-fluid-12132/)

sonician 08-13-2010 07:29 AM

Two separate issues, fan speed dial and washer fluid.

I came across this forum after searching for some help..

I have a 2004 V6 Sebring Touring Edition. I bought it used last year from an old lady, and it only had 14,000km on it.

From the get go, I've had one issue, with the fan speed switch. Only speeds 3 and 4 are working, 1 and 2 provide no air at all.

The other issue is more recent, and the windshield washer fluid has stopped working. I'm not sure if it would be the fuse in the power distribution box, or the motor, or something. I *did* notice that the plastic cap on the fuse for washer fluid in the PDB is cracked, if that makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dcotter0579 08-13-2010 09:11 AM

Why not replace the fuse and see if it works? If the fuse plastic cap is cracked, there's a very good chance that the fuse is bad.

As for the heater fan, it may be the blower resistor. That's also an easy repair. Search the forum here for that problem which is fairly common and you'll find detailed discussions on how to do it yourself. If you understand how to fix it, even if you decide to hire it done, you'll be able to discuss it intelligently with the mechanic.

sonician 08-13-2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 39611)
Why not replace the fuse and see if it works? If the fuse plastic cap is cracked, there's a very good chance that the fuse is bad.

As for the heater fan, it may be the blower resistor. That's also an easy repair. Search the forum here for that problem which is fairly common and you'll find detailed discussions on how to do it yourself. If you understand how to fix it, even if you decide to hire it done, you'll be able to discuss it intelligently with the mechanic.

Thank you for your reply. Am I able to buy the fuses anywhere for the Power Distribution Box?

I've read about the blower resistor issue before, and wasn't sure if that was it. I'll have a look in the forums for more info.

Thanks again!

dcotter0579 08-13-2010 03:57 PM

Any auto parts store and probably any store with a reasonable automotive section (Sears, Walmart, Kmart, etc.) will carry fuses. Pop it out and bring it to the store. Be sure to replace it with one of the proper current rating (same color).

Your owners manual will have information about replacing fuses.

slugpellet 10-28-2010 04:35 AM

I have a similar fault on my 2.8crd.When cold only first led lights, as the engine warms the lights eventually all light up and the fan is on max, ie, cold water low fan speed, hot water maximum fan speed, anyone out there with some ideas ?