Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Water leak? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/water-leak-12181/)

shamrock249 08-18-2010 03:04 PM

Water leak?

I drive an '05 Sebring 4dr sdn. 2.4 engine. 66000 Kms / 41000 Mls.

I just noticed today that under the front passenger seat was soaked with water and also the right rear footwell. The front pass side footwell is dry as is the rest of the carpet. Just seams to be localized to under the right front seat and the footwell aft of there. I know I went through a car wash yesterday so I checked the door seals and found everything in good shape. The only opening under the seat is the heater/AC outlet. Any thoughts on the possible cause?

JimboXL 08-20-2010 12:03 AM

This just happened to my friend's 04 Sebring sedan. I believe the Chrysler shop identified it as being a hole in the ac drain. I believe it was at least $200 to fix because it was a more time consuming repair, but they seemed to have fixed it because the water hasn't returned.

shamrock249 08-25-2010 02:44 PM

Did some trouble shooting ....

Removed wiper cowl and watered in that area to locate any possible blockages, none found ... started car and run A/C and found leak coming in above the right side pass foot well area ... determined that the leak was coming from the A/C drain tube. This is apparently covered under a Chrysler Tech Service Bulletin (TSB) issued back in 2005. TSB # 24-018-05.

This TSB suggests replacing the present A/C drain tube with part numbers 05264688 (drain tube $9.86) and 05191188AA (drain tube adapter $14.55).
It looks to me that these items are installed on the engine side of the firewall. Will order the parts tomorrow.

After closing up the car the engine light came on (coincidence?) now shows fault code P0138. Can anyone tell me what this code means? I know there was a few splashes of water around the engine compartment but very little. How does one 'reset' these codes?

dcotter0579 08-26-2010 11:02 AM

P0138: Oxygen sensor shorted to voltage.

Might be the result of slopping water around. Try driving the car enough to warm it up well and thus dry out the engine compartment completely. If the code goes away in a few days, don't worry about it.

shamrock249 08-31-2010 03:39 PM

Thanks dc. That evening I sprayed all the electrical connections, plug wires etc with an aircraft grade wiring spray which dispels any moisture in those areas and the fault went away shortly thereafter.

shamrock249 09-08-2010 11:20 AM

Still waiting on the parts from Chrysler. Ordered on Aug 26 and was told one of the parts (adapter) coming from the USA and would take about three to four days .... two weeks later still waiting. I want to get the under car rustproofing done before the bad weather gets here but want to install these parts before I get that done as the ordered parts are installed from under the car on the engine side of the firewall. Chryler is slow .....

dcotter0579 09-08-2010 07:00 PM

Keep bugging them. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.