Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   water in my water tank boiling/bubbleing (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/water-my-water-tank-boiling-bubbleing-6763/)

musicfreak2195 11-02-2008 10:13 PM

water in my water tank boiling/bubbleing

Hi in my sebring 2.7l engine 2001 car when i drive a distance the water is boiling/bubbleing is that normal?also keep in mind my cardon't run hot at all.if not what can be the problem? also it smokes when the water is boiling/bubbleing i see that on the water tank there is a lil opening or a lil lil pipe with a opening that smokes. also is that normal? or is the whole made by a mistake? please let me know if you can. thanks later

dcotter0579 11-03-2008 03:51 PM

RE: water in my water tank boiling/bubbleing

Are you using the correct mixture of water and anti-freeze? If you are not using anti-freeze, the water will boil.
The water can also boil if you have a blown head gasket.

Another possibility is a bad radiator cap. If it won't hold pressure, things will boil.
The system is designed to operate at a temperature above the boiling point of water. Pressure and the anti-freeze solution should keep it from boiling.
Boiling is bad. You don't want that to be happening.

cstingray 11-11-2008 12:28 AM

Hey sorry to hear about the car trouble there. However i just finished fixing that issue on my 1999 CHRYSLER SEBRING CONVERTIBLE.
The first thing i would do is check the level of antifreeze at the radiator cap (with the engine cool and off) if its mising some, add afterwards replace the radiator cap. The cap should do the trick, however if the problem persists, have a mechanic look at as it may be something more serious.

1999 Chrysler Sebring conv,
2.5L V6 MPFI /Autosick

musicfreak2195 11-13-2008 10:59 AM

Thank u both for a reply did anyone have to unplug your sensor from the coolant water outlet because the fan wouldnt come on if its plugged in well thats what im goin thru now if i have the sensor on the gooseneck aka water outlet or water housing my fan dont come on at all.Please let me know what can be costing the fan to not come on when its plugged in.

zzsandman06 06-03-2009 03:10 AM

maybe try changing the coolant temp sensor at the water outlet for the sensor issue

musicfreak2195 06-03-2009 08:36 PM

Thanks im about to change it now the machanic told me the sensor isn't working and also the water outlet has a leak. I guess i bought a faulty water outlet/w sensor. Thanks alot

irdaneel 06-05-2009 09:00 AM

I've been following your problems with this car for a while now. With all that you've done it sounds to me like there is something more like compression leaking into your water system. That happens when blocks or heads crack or warp, and blow headgaskets. Those are serious issues. You've been battling this air in you tank for quite a while, as well as your fan and overheating issues. Nothing will work correctly if you are blowing air into the cooling system from the cylinders. And overheating routinely causes warps and blown headgaskets.

helpmysebring 07-06-2009 08:08 PM

I JUST HAD THIS PROBLEM! I didn't think it was serious but I took it to a mechanic anyway, He filled it up with water and said keep a eye on it but it overheated again! so when i got home I let it sit overnight, Then when it was completely cool i tried to put water in it,
Well the water is leaking right out of it and I cannot find where it is leaking! i know it is under the air intake somewhere in the middle but I dont know if it is a hose or what!
someone please help me!!! I am a single mother of 4 and this is the only transportation we have, We live in the country and I can't even get to work!
Thanks everyone Signed, Desperate single mom

CHRYSLER TECH 07-06-2009 09:23 PM

did the mechanic not pressure test it?? what year sebring? what engine size?

helpmysebring 07-07-2009 12:43 PM

I found out that it is leaking underneath I think it is called the intake manifold? Underneath the big metal thing on the top of the motor with the port on the side that says holley on it,