Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 200 & Sebring (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/)
-   -   Whining Noise? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-200-sebring-14/whining-noise-576/)

raiderzx24 08-24-2005 01:42 AM

Whining Noise?

Alright, got a 98 sebring limited edition 70k on it. Everytime I start the car theres a idle whining sound, then when step on the gas the whining gets higher im guessing with the RPM's. I'm guessing it has to do something with a belt or something. Saw something that then timing belt needed to be change by 80k. Got any ideas?

ChryslerNamedTrixie 08-24-2005 05:30 AM

RE: Whining Noise?

Hey there,
Maybe it's your alternator, do you have a sound system in it? cause I know when I put mine in, I was pulling a lot of juice out of the alternator that caused a nasty whine... [sm=shades.gif]

JXI101 08-24-2005 09:32 PM

RE: Whining Noise?

actually... check your front motor mount.... it'll do that... but he could be right... however, I didnt change my belts until 130k miles...

Dannoman623 03-18-2009 09:07 PM

Its too bad

Its too bad im a couple of years too late it seems....that whining is your Idler pully.....shouldnt cost more that 30 bucks but I just experienced this same issue in my car....replaced the alternator first although I luckily had a warranty on it...(job still blows though):mad: only to find the sound had gotten worse. Replaced the idler pulley and the sound was gone...easy fix but I wish I knew this sooner...hope it helps future people!!;)

thorze 04-03-2010 02:29 PM

Same here Dan! I thought it was the belts till I did my research and it was the bearing in the idler pulley. Got it at Azone for i think 25 bucks, took off the wheel and inner fender/splash guard put it right in. Pretty easy job and no more whine!

jwthomas366 08-11-2011 10:49 AM

I get a slight high pitch whine at times when cranking car. 2005 Sebring Convertable with 94,000. Car runs great but on accasion while stopped, I can feel a faint skip even though the idle does not seem to change.

helo735 08-20-2011 11:26 PM

I've noticed this whine on my Sebring...thanks for zombie posting, otherwise, this would just be another BS post trying to reach 50 so I can view attachments! LOL!

TNtech 08-21-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by helo735 (Post 53557)
I've noticed this whine on my Sebring...thanks for zombie posting, otherwise, this would just be another BS post trying to reach 50 so I can view attachments! LOL!

And we thank you for the stupid, worthless nonsense of those 50 posts. I'm wondering if CT should ban your ass just so you have to do it again. Nothing makes it more difficult for a member to come on to a forum and find what they're looking for when some butthead feels the need to wake up 50 threads and bump current ones to the bottom. Not only do people have to hunt for info on their busted car, they have to sift through Troll droppings in the process.

CHRYSLER TECH 08-21-2011 10:30 AM

tempting

helo735 08-21-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech (Post 53585)
And we thank you for the stupid, worthless nonsense of those 50 posts. I'm wondering if CT should ban your ass just so you have to do it again. Nothing makes it more difficult for a member to come on to a forum and find what they're looking for when some butthead feels the need to wake up 50 threads and bump current ones to the bottom. Not only do people have to hunt for info on their busted car, they have to sift through Troll droppings in the process.

It's not like this forum was providing them any information anyway.

Ban away, you're not going to hurt my feelings.