Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   2001 300m repaired a/c now car wont start (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/2001-300m-repaired-c-now-car-wont-start-14380/)

peterjv 04-20-2011 05:14 PM

2001 300m repaired a/c now car wont start

hello everyone, i recently took my car to my mechanic with a/c issues. he ended up bi -passing something on computer in order to get ac compressor to start when ac was turned on. now car wont start and mechanic can't figure it out a thing. please help.......

CHRYSLER TECH 04-20-2011 06:08 PM

hehe he is stupid he blew a fuse or the computer get it in writing that he will pay for what ever repairs are necessary that the dealer is now going to need to fix. WHy did ut let him bypass anything fix it correctly or things like this happen.

peterjv 04-20-2011 08:55 PM

he has done this procedures to multiple cars of all make and model, he told me that the oder step was to change the computer. the car was working fine for ten days and will driving it shot down. thank you for the info.

Djinn-n-Tonic 04-20-2011 11:02 PM

he has done this procedures to multiple cars of all make and model, he told me that the oder step was to change the computer
And what does that tell you???..You took the cheap way out and you got burned.....

Computers dont fix themselves, they only get worse.....

CHRYSLER TECH 04-20-2011 11:02 PM

he a hack if he has to do that and not fix it the right way whats the point if U are trying to do this to save a buck u now cost yourself more then a buck

peterjv 04-21-2011 12:17 PM

hi , let me clarify my situation. it all started when the ac was not cooling. i took to mech and he said the computer was not sending signal to compressor to turn on. i had 2 choices, new computer ($1500.00) or he could run a cable directly from ac control panel that would then send signal to compressor. mech has done this hundreds of times to save cust. money, (it's not taking the cheap route as stated earlier) . all was fine for 11 days and then the car started hesitating when i would accelerate or take off from standing position. then eventually the car shut off and did not start anymore. i took to mechanic and he said fuel pump whent bad and the battery also. he changed both and car still will not even turn over. its like the factory alarm is activated and nothing happens. computer has been checked and all is well and functioning. we are dumb founded.... please help.

CHRYSLER TECH 04-21-2011 12:39 PM

the alarm is not and does not become active while driving so that is out the window
take it to a better mechanic that is not dumb founded with out hard data people online cant help u plus u yourself wont be doing any of the work why try and enplane something to you when he is the one doing the stuff U are a 3ed wheel in the matter take it else where let them look at it and go from there. U are wasting time and money with this hack job doing something like what he did does not save money it cause u to spend more money. U can take his word oh I have done this 100 time b4 well go talk to the 100 people and see how it worked out for them.

DO u want a DR taking a short cut for heat transplant surgery? oh they will be fine by me not hooking this back up system are designed to work a certain way when u change it u get issues like U are having.

peterjv 04-21-2011 12:45 PM

thank you.