Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   2011 300C front seat help (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/2011-300c-front-seat-help-25247/)

oldhippie 11-06-2015 05:50 AM

2011 300C front seat help

Greetings all,
I'm new here so please forgive any rules mistakes until I learn the ropes.
I just purchased a loaded 2011 300C with 16K on it. I know and trust the dealer I purchased from as I've done business with them in the past and the car was originally bought there by an elderly couple who traded for a new one.
I absolutely love the car and have found no issues except maybe one and i wanted to ask in case I'm just missing something.
The seat memory function doesn't seem to be consistently able to return to a programmed position and is not adjusting the seat back at all.
It says it is remembering the profile and does move the seat, steering wheel, pedals, mirrors, etc. just no seat back. You can move the back with the control just fine.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Don't want to go back to the dealer if I'm missing something.
Thanks in advance.

ChryslerCares 11-06-2015 07:50 AM

Hi oldhippie,
Welcome to the forum! There is certainly a wealth of knowledge here and the community is always happy to help in any way possible. I was unable to find any TSBs or software updates that might resolve the memory seat function concern that you described. If you're unable to obtain the necessary recommendations from the forum members to reach a resolution, I would recommend having the dealership look into this. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to be of assistance.

oldhippie 11-06-2015 10:03 AM

Thanks for the response. I've been playing with it some more and I ran the seat all the way forward and back a few times as well as cycled the easy exit function.
The memory seems better but I'd really like to know the seat back position is supposed to be able to be recalled from memory.
Thanks.

UltraNutZ 12-28-2015 08:06 AM

oldhippie from the HD forums?

to reset the seats.

slide all the way forward and continue holding for 3 seconds
slide all the way back and continue holding for 3 seconds

Now go back and set your memory settings.

oldhippie 12-30-2015 06:11 AM

Thanks UltraNutz,
I ended up back at the dealer. Seat is generating some track errors so they have bumped this up to Chrysler for resolution. Waiting to hear.
Thanks again. Will post the results.

oldhippie 07-04-2016 11:49 AM

Serious apologies. I thought I had posted the solution here.
It took three more trips to the dealer where they had the car a total of 3 1/2 weeks over the course of a couple of months.
Was a real head scratcher until someone finally noticed the Chrysler part numbers for a control box for this car were incorrect and actually for a car without memory seats. Someone spotted a connector with the incorrect number of pins.
Car is fine now. Dealer was fabulous throughout the whole ordeal.