Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   2013 300S vs 300 Glacier (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/2013-300s-vs-300-glacier-26575/)

SpookyTooth 10-02-2016 05:56 PM

2013 300S vs 300 Glacier

Just bought a used 2013 Chrysler 300. Salesman/Dealership referred to it as a Glacier Ltd edition, After researching some, I have fairly good suspicion it is an AWD 300S, which I am not concerned about the difference. Would simply like to confirm what I just bought. All black interior w/black leather seats w/white stitching and white "S" embroidered on front seats and "300" embroidered floormats. None of the purchase paperwork denotes "Glacier". It def has Pentastar 3.6 V6, 8 speed trans w/sport mode, 19" tires/wheels, 8.4N Audio system w/Beats by Dre. No cloth involved with seats. Both front seats heated. I ran the vin and still cannot confirm the details I am seeking. Any help would be appreciated, outside of the "no brainer" with going back to dealership. Chrysler owner site live chat is not avail on Sundays. Thanks.

tarhealcracker 10-04-2016 08:04 AM

Go to your local Chrysler dealer and request a "build sheet" or "options report". It will tell you all you need to know..

SpookyTooth 10-04-2016 09:52 AM

Thanks, THC.

Silverlightning300 11-06-2016 10:03 AM

Re:

Hey SpookyTooth,
I too just purchased the same vehicle back in July. According to the dealer and the advertisement it said 2013 300S AWD Glacier Limited. My floor mats actually say Glacier but no mention anywhere on the vehicle about "S, Glacier or Limited". My seats do not have the "S" on them. Car has the 3.6 engine, dual exhaust and my mirrors are black (car is silver).
Only thing I've done so far was purchase the Weather Tech floor mats and added an AVS low profile bug deflector (actually makes the front end stand out!) Love the vehicle with no issues. Hope you enjoy yours!

SpookyTooth 11-08-2016 09:22 AM

Hey, Silverlightning300,

Thanks for your input, man. Should've been a no brainer for me simply due to the"S" stitched into seats. Not butt hurt at all due to mine not being a Glacier as I am fully satisfied w/my 300 S. Congrats on your purchase of the Glacier, hoping you are enjoying it as much as I am mine. I too went with weather tech floor mats since winter is supposed to be coming to Rocky Mtns at some point, but I am not complaining we haven't been hit with the white stuff yet. I am still very interested to find out how the AWD handles on icy and snow packed roads. I had my windows tinted and recently added a trunk deck spoiler. Done with mods for now. This is actually my first "car" car in 30 yrs as I have always had a pick up or suv. It's been fun getting used to it, just have to not give in to it just wanting to get up n go! Thanks again for commenting. Have a good one.