Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   2013 chrysler 300 3.6 AWD Transmission issue/Poor Customer Service (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/2013-chrysler-300-3-6-awd-transmission-issue-poor-customer-service-23508/)

LG300 12-08-2014 05:01 PM

2013 chrysler 300 3.6 AWD Transmission issue/Poor Customer Service

Hello,
I am new to the forum thing but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
I own a 2013 Chrysler 300 3.6 AWD. I started experiencing transmission issues in which the trans would jump into 1st gear on the downshift from second gear at a slow roll. I took the vehicle to the dealer and was told that they would have to reset the computer to solve the problem. it did not work. I was than told that the valve body would need to be replaced that did not work so they replaced it a second time with another valve body. That did not work either so I was told that I needed a new tranny. All of this happened from 4,000 miles to the current tranny replacement at 15000 miles. I called customer service to request an extension on the powertrain warranty in writing at the point where the tranny was replaced and was basically told that it is on record and if there are any more problems that they will deal with it at that point (unacceptable). I also received a recall on the alternator the day I got it back from the new tranny installation. I asked Chrysler customer service rep for and extended warranty at no charge to me on the rest of the vehicle and was told by the representative that he did not feel that it was warranted. Maybe its me but my brand new car has been in the shop for a faulty transmission 4 times in 1 year for the tranny, and once for a faulty fuel tank pressure sensor and and the company rep cannot understand that my confidence in the product is extremely low an I don't want to be left out in the cold when something else goes wrong. Please let me know if anyone has experienced the same level of dissatisfaction with Chrysler customer service or if anybody knows what other avenues I can pursue to rectify my dilemma. Thank you

Polarzak 12-09-2014 06:24 AM

That is the reason I never bought an AWD. Anyway I did have an issue with my new vehicle, and the dealer was pissing me off, so I wrote to the President of Chrysler. Although he was probably in Italy with his Fiat buddies at the time, one of his people did help me with the dealer and my issue got resolved. Whenever I need to go to the dealer now, I am treated like a king. Write to the President.

LG300 12-09-2014 04:45 PM

Thank you. I will certainly try it. It cant hurt and only costs a stamp.

LG300 12-09-2014 04:46 PM

If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Thank you

300S 02-18-2015 07:54 AM

I suggest researching your state's lemon laws. I am having issues and did the same. If you are in NY like me and have 1 more issue with the Trans you might qualify for a buyback or replacement vehicle.

After having my new 14 300S for 2 weeks I am having Trans issues. I noticed the harsh 1-2 and 2-1 shift regardless of engine load. Then last week I got the harsh shift with each gear. Within 20 minutes of driving the check engine light illuminated and the car seemed at about 20%power. Assuming that was limp home mode, then the trans began to allow excessive clutch slippage so that the engine would Rev but speed was not directly proportional. Eventually got home and the dealer drained the Trans to look for debris in the fluid. The code was a 7th gear issue, however the car had problems in all gears. Dealer replaced the valve body as well in mine yesterday. Brand new car was out of commission for 2 days at the dealer.

Originally Posted by LG300 (Post 85634)
If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Thank you

johnpvb 02-19-2015 07:10 AM

Sounds like a lemon law situation