Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   2014 300c c00ling seats (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/2014-300c-c00ling-seats-21719/)

myplace 03-30-2014 03:42 PM

2014 300c c00ling seats

CHRYSLER 300c 2014
My first email sent to Chrysler Customer Service
(customerassist@chrysler.com)

I have no problem with this dealer. They at least were willing to work on a vehicle that is from out of state.
I do have a problem with the diagnostic results of no problems with the ventilated (cooled) front seats. On my first extended trip from Oregon to Southern CA Desert the front driver’s seat from Stockton CA. to the Desert (450 miles) was cooling extremely well that I would have to turn it to low cooling at times (outside temp 75 deg.). Now that I am in the desert with outside temp 80 deg plus the driver’s seat is barely cooling if at all. The paper work I received from the dealer says “No codes were detected” and the system was tested and found it cooling from 93.6 (inside car air temp?) to 73.1 deg on seats. I was told that when testing they use a pad that has thermostats sitting on the seat. That might be a good test if that “PAD” weights about 185 lbs and has a “TEMP” of 98.6 deg.. That would be called a “Heat Load” and would be the correct way to test for any cooling. The paper work also states that “UNTIL THE OUTSIDE TEMP REACHES 90 DEGREES THE SYSTEM WILL NOT REACH FULL COOL TEMP”. That’s like telling me that I can’t get full heating till it’s 32 deg outside. If that is the case why does the cooling work (getting cold) when the outside temp is 56 deg in Oregon while driving into the sun beating down through the windshield on me. Just using the cooling seat cools down my whole body. I’m sure there has to be a fan in the seats that is not working properly at this time and that is why there is no cooling (moving air over the cooling coils).
I sure hope someone can find out what is wrong soon because I will be down here in the desert for another 6 weeks.
THANK YOU BOB
AGAIN I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH CRYSTAL CHRYSLER JUST THE SEATS………..

Customer Service Reply
Dear Bob,

Again I do apologize for the concerns you are currently having with your seat not cooling adequately and to your satisfaction. Based on the
diagnosis completed from CRYSTAL CHRYSLER, JEEP, DODGE it is to our understanding that your vehicle is operating as designed. However you
are entitled to have your vehicle looked at by any Chrysler dealership if you still feel that this is a concern. I would be more than happy to
contact another dealer for you if you make the decision to have it looked at by an alternate dealership. If you wish I can provide you with
alternate dealerships in the area you are located currently however I will require the zip code in which you are located.

Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this
email message or call 1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753).

My comment sent back to Customer Service

Looks like this is going to be a VERY bad start with my first Chrysler.
These do not cool at 10% of what my truck seats do.
There not even cooling 10% as much as they did when I drove down from Oregon.
These are worthless seats.......
I should have paid more attention to the non-recommended status in Consumer Reports Magazine.
Another American made car (Oh that's right made in Canada the so called Detroit import) that has poor design and poor quality.
I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO PUT UP WITH T-SHIRTS STICKING TO MY BACK TILL I CAN GET BACK TO OREGON WITH AT LEAST COOLER WEATHER.......
I hope other items work better and longer than the seats did.......
ALREADY SORRY I BOUGHT CHRYSLER..... Bob

THERE REPLY

Dear Bob,
Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.
I have since been in contact with Service Advisor Quince at CRYSTAL CHRYSLER, JEEP, DODGE who stated that your vehicle is operating as designed. As our Chrysler dealers work as our eyes and ears when it comes to diagnosing a customer's concern with their vehicle we therefore cannot escalate your concern based on the current dealer's diagnosis.
Your vehicle is however still under the factory warranty and you are entitled to have it looked at by any Chrysler dealership. I have since
provided you with other dealerships located near your address.
Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to
This email message or call 1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753).

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong or how to fix these so called cooling seats?

From the 2014 - 300 Owner’s Manual
Ventilated Seats -- If Equipped
On some models, both the drive and passenger seats are ventilated. Located in the seat cushion and seatback are small fans that draw air from the seat surface through fine perforations in the seat cover to help keep the driver and front passenger cooler in higher ambient temperatures.
(That statement is telling me that there is NO cooling and the fans are pulling air from the seat surface through the perforations out the backs of the seats)
Does that make any sense? I guess that way Chrysler is correct when I’m told there is nothing wrong. I know that statement is not correct but it sure does help Chrysler when something goes wrong. I also think that the Ventilating seats are cooled especially when that option is around $600.

SORRY about the long post.

Polarzak 03-31-2014 08:48 AM

VERY, VERY expensive to fix. I can see why they don't want to touch them. Lift a cheek up every once and awhile to let it cool. Alternate cheeks.