Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   2016 300c questions (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/2016-300c-questions-27558/)

Terrycwags 06-07-2017 11:51 AM

2016 300c questions

Hi all,
I recently traded in my 2006 300C (Hemi) for a 2016 300C AWD.
I decided since I live in NJ and drive for a living (I'm sorta-kinda in sales) that I needed to be able to feel safer in the winter. I used to leave the '06 at home in the winter and steal my husband's truck because of the horrible RWD.

I love the new car, however, I have some questions that do not seem to be answered in the manual and I thought you all might be able to help;

I noticed when running through the dash options/user settings/system notices that it shows the car as in RWD but capable of AWD - I don't understand this. There is no switching option and I thought it was AWD all the time?

The gear knob pushes down. Now is this a hold over for the car equipped with auto-shift function? It doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Speaking of shifting; this is a big jump for me from the v8 hemi, and so I might be more sensitive to the engine, but the auto 8-speed trans seems to really pull in the lowers gears - if I take my foot off the gas she slows real quickly as if downshifting - is this normal?

Thanks!

juraterfan 06-27-2017 08:54 PM

AWD doesn't always get engaged, unless below conditions occur
1. Wipers are on
2. Different speed detected in wheel speed
3.In sport mode

Now for the gear shift, I'm not so sure if the 300C is same as 300S, I have 2017 300S and when I pressed down on the shifter and turn to the right, I can actually engage the transmission sport mode.

For the shifting behavior, I would say it's normal, especially in Sport mode you will fell the car slow down much faster.

Mopar300AWD 07-25-2017 06:31 PM

When you push down and turn the knob to either S or L, which ever one you have. That is engaging sport mode or put the transmission in low gear. When you do that that will change how the transmission shifts. The display screen is just telling you that at that moment right then you are in RWD (rear wheel drive). Leave it in that screen and step on the gas hard, easier if wet out, so that the tires breal traction. The screen will change and say AWD. The car only uses AWD when it is needed. You cannot not simple put the car into AWD.

bo300 01-19-2020 10:13 AM

2018 300, door panel issue.

6 months ago the passenger door started the same issue, local dealer said it was a common issue, ordered a replacement panel. I have checked month and they have been on back ordered. I called dodge directly Friday and a manager is to call me on Monday. Dealership suggested I call and vent my frustrations. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon.