Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Is the 300 good in the snow ? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/300-good-snow-5424/)

mack123 04-21-2008 09:30 PM

Is the 300 good in the snow ?

hello all,

I own a 96 LHS, great car for about 5 years. Its front wheel drive. Ive been looking at a 300 for a few weeks now.

My only question is... how good is it in the snow ?

I mean midwest winters, where 6-8" snow storms hit and the snow hangs around for weeks at a time,also heavy ice,etc.

The 300 is rear wheel drive. The salespeople at the stores say its as good as a front wheel drive.. you know how they talk

Ive owned rear wheel drives since the early 80's. They arent that good, compared to front. All my front wheel drives have been beasts in the snow.

I dont really know any 300 owners in my area. So I decided to ask on here... How good is your 300 in the snow ?

My driveway, block is tough in the winter.I see rear wheel drives get stuck. Ive had delivery trucks stuck in my driveway{rwd} they cant move 1".
and then I glide over all 50' with my front wheel drive without spinning a tire...

Is the 300 a beast in the snow or a dud ? any comments welcome.. Thanks !!

I know the 300 awd is a beast, yet it cost more $$ so Id like to know about the rear wheel ones first.

jamie1 04-21-2008 10:30 PM

RE: Is the 300 good in the snow ?

I do not own a 300,but I'm a tech at a Chrysler dealer and live in northern canada,so I know a thing or two about snow.lol. With a good set of snow tires[michelin X-ice for example]the 300 is VERY good in the snow. When I go on a road test with a customer car,I can tell right away if it has snow tires or not.

mats o 04-23-2008 03:35 AM

After this first winter with the 300C I am contented.The car behaves very well at snowy and slippery roads. After more than 20 years with front wheel driven cars i had to relaern the driving technique a little. The car has a good weight distribution,with all the computer supportsystemsand good wintertyres it feels stable on the road. Off course you can provoceit to swing the tail, but it is quite easy to catch up again. ( But you get a fun flippergame on the instrument panel..:D) In the late 80:s we had Volvo 245 at work. They were a maredreamin winter so evolution has gone in the rigth direction.

odecastro 04-29-2008 03:33 PM

I have had several drives in the snow and I would have to agree with these guys. With that said I live in Florida and tried to drive my HEMI in Mass without snow tires and almost wrecked it! It makes a world of difference when you are packing that much torque to have snow tires. Just a though.

mats o 05-02-2008 06:56 AM

Over here, snow tires is a MUST by law from dec. 1 until mar. 31.

Shinell Stiff 01-12-2019 08:42 AM

Crystler300 dud in the snow I own rwd and useless in snow

Useless in snow 100percent to spin out and get stuck the look good but beware of winters they suck I have a RWD and they are a waste in the winter I classify it as a summer car only

I own a 96 LHS, great car for about 5 years. Its front wheel drive. Ive been looking at a 300 for a few weeks now.

My only question is... how good is it in the snow ?

I mean midwest winters, where 6-8" snow storms hit and the snow hangs around for weeks at a time,also heavy ice,etc.

The 300 is rear wheel drive. The salespeople at the stores say its as good as a front wheel drive.. you know how they talk

Ive owned rear wheel drives since the early 80's. They arent that good, compared to front. All my front wheel drives have been beasts in the snow.

I dont really know any 300 owners in my area. So I decided to ask on here... How good is your 300 in the snow ?

My driveway, block is tough in the winter.I see rear wheel drives get stuck. Ive had delivery trucks stuck in my driveway{rwd} they cant move 1".
and then I glide over all 50' with my front wheel drive without spinning a tire...

Is the 300 a beast in the snow or a dud ? any comments welcome.. Thanks !!

I know the 300 awd is a beast, yet it cost more $$ so Id like to know about the rear wheel ones first.[/QUOTE]

tarhealcracker 01-12-2019 01:14 PM

I think your post sums it up - you are not going to like the 300 as a Winter driver car.
Now if you are hot to have a 300, go for an AWD car but, no matter what, do run Winter snow tires or at the very least all season tires.