Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   300c AWD (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/300c-awd-279/)

awd300c 05-06-2005 12:00 PM

300c AWD

ok awd owners, tell me what you don,t like about your car b/4 i go and get mine

ViperGTS 05-06-2005 12:23 PM

RE: 300c AWD

300C's are excellent. This isn't coming from a biased guy, I'm willing to slam Chrysler around if they're bad.

The only problems I've noted are the space between the tire and fender. It's pretty open. Another thing people don't like is the constant engine ticking noise. The Hemi engine almost always does that though. It's like a trademark that it's a Hemi, and isn't a problem though... Good luck on your possible purchase! Post pictures of your 300C AWD if possible, and post often!

-Matt-

yazheirx 05-12-2005 12:07 AM

I have similar concerns as to which model to buy. The AWD or RWD. I have heard that the AWD has better 0-60 times and better handling on snow and ice. I do not know if this is true. The only thing I know for sure is that the AWD does not get as good gas mileage on the highway (it looses one to two mpg). However if it is true that the 0-60 on the AWD model is better than the RWD, with no fishtailing then I may go with the AWD model.

Has anyone driven the RWD model on icy or slick roads. If so have you experienced any slippage?

fatcat 05-15-2005 03:16 PM

the rwd on ice and snow is just brutal, it does swirve alot.
awd is 68%of the power to the back wheels and 32% to the front i think.
or maybe its 62 to 38
i think its 68 to 32 but dont quote me on it.

tippleunduly 01-09-2006 11:51 PM

Just got our '06 AWD and are not happy with the ride quality, especially in the rear seat. We'll probably get used to it, just as we have other new cars, but it is something you should check out before committing to that model. We drove a RWD and liked it, but did not drive the AWD before ordering. Have emailed Chrysler for advice on shocks, etc. Today I loaded 120 lbs of softener salt in the trunk, which helps the ride a little.
Anyone have any other suggestions for improving the ride?
Bill

Vader 01-15-2006 06:05 PM

I only have a lowly 2006 300 Touring AWD but hopefully you will also use my imput :-). I have to agree about the wheel well/ tire clearance deal. However, Eibach sells lowering springs, BUT, for the AWD, it only lowers it approx 1.6 inches. They say it will not affect ride quality so I will eventually get some installed. Mine does ride a little stiffer than the car I got rid of but by no means is it unbearable. Im a ford guy mostly, I own 5 Blue Ovals right now including my wifes 500 Limited AWD. Her Ford it what sold me on the AWD, I just didnt like the styling of the 500 so I bought the 300 and love it.

madbrad 02-23-2006 02:07 AM

Just got a 2006 300C AWD for my wife. I got the AWD because I live in Alaska. The roads have been terrible with the temps in the 40's then freezing overnight. So a lot of streets are like icerinks. This car handles GREAT...it has the ContiTouring type tire...I will probably not even put snow tires on it. I am thinking about getting one for me but I'll wait until the BIG Hemi comes out in AWD:)

bells 06-12-2006 11:17 PM

If I had the choice when I got my 05, I would have gotten the AWD without a doubt. I live in IL so the winter months can be harsh. Even when it rains I have a rough time taking off if I accelerate too fast. I just got my "summer shoes" put on last week and I have to get use to them again(they're low-pro's so that makes it even worse). Good luck with whatever you decide on!