Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   300C compared to 300M (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/300c-compared-300m-1574/)

sonjaqna 06-08-2006 11:51 AM

300C compared to 300M

I own a 300M and it has that cocky american look - beautiful car. The interior has class, it is dark grey 'leather', white dials and no chrome. This car initiated the popularity of the 300.

I went to the New York auto show and checked out the 2007 300C, hoping for a change from the 2006 model and was disappointed. That two-toned light color interior gives you that chincy GM feel. Not as bad a the gaudy chrome of the Lincoln. All summed up dosen't measure up to the casual classness of the interior of the 300M. The satelite radio antenna stuck on the roof further lowers its status and looks. My biggest surprise is that there is no "OnStar". Hard to believe such archaic thinking. Seems like all of the smart designer's and managers are in the 5.7 L group.

All in all I think that the 2007 has missed it. Damiler Benz has redesigned to go after a relative handful of limonzeeners at the expense of what is important to their customer base.

windowpane 06-14-2006 01:26 AM

RE: 300C compared to 300M

I'm also an M owner and I have to disagree about the M having anything to do with the 300(C)'s popularity DC used the 300m as a staging point to revive the 300 series, in name only it seems, but dropped the ball IMO with the death of the M and the birth of the 300(C) v8 power and rwd are probably the only things they did right.

I'm not sure about what your opinions of what needed/should be done to the current 300(C) models other than the interior revamp you mention, but I don't imagine they will do anything much to change it for several more years if ever since it's been such a hit for them.

rotwiler 06-28-2006 06:26 AM

RE: 300C compared to 300M

I had a 2000 LHS which has the same interior as the 300m. I now have a 06 300 Touring and I like it much more... I have the optional burlwood accents and leather...plus every option available in the Touring model and really like it.. It is wider and has more of a open feeling... the LHS and 300M don't have that feeling, plus you sit higher up in the 300's and is nice for shorter people like my wife. Overall I am happy with the 300... there are some cheap parts that could use refereshing like the chrome ring around the shifter(snaps in and doesn't fit all that tight) and dash is very plain... it helps with the navigation to fill the center up more and is farly easy to use after you figure it out. Overall to me, it is exactly what I wanted... A big, cruising machine that looks great. Ride quality is nice even with 22" wheels.