Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   AfterMarket Grill (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/aftermarket-grill-1326/)

silentblinder9502 03-31-2006 12:05 AM

AfterMarket Grill

I just bought an aftermarket grill and I can't figure out how to put it on. Do I have to remove the entire bumper cover to get this on?

Johnny B 03-31-2006 09:10 AM

RE: AfterMarket Grill

I had the same problem. I was told by one member that because the car is new and everything is flexible,all you need to do is have someone pull the grille forward so as to get at the four screws on the bottom that are impossible to see. It sounded good but I thought if you have to have someone pulling the grille forward to gain access to the bottom four screws,how would you be able to get the same four back into the new grille? I talked to the bodyshop manager at my local dealer and he said that from his experience, the bunper cover would indeed have to be removed. Hope this helps. I have not had the nerve or the right weather yet to try this out.

silentblinder9502 03-31-2006 06:00 PM

Thanks Johnny....I don't think I have the nerve to rip apart my brand new 300 either...I wish I would have known I would have to disassemble my car to get change the grill prior to buying the grill. I don't think I would have bought it in the first place....

K Dog 04-06-2006 11:04 PM

Sorry silentblinder9502 no answer for the aftermarket grill, but I would like to know where you
placed you subs and amp in the 300. Looking for that right spot, thinking about removing the spare tire and
putting the amp in there. Could you send some pics of your rims and stereo.

Chadler300 04-06-2006 11:36 PM

umm i have 2 18" JL Audio subwoofers in my 300c and umm they pound

Chadler300 04-06-2006 11:38 PM

no i mean it they pound its too bad my chrysler is a peace of **** and i cant stop it from raddleling i should of listened to my dad when he said i had a chrysler once but then i got an education

silentblinder9502 04-07-2006 12:35 AM

K dog, I actually built a bandpass box and I have the amp bolted right to it. I don't have a working camera right now, but Im soon to buy a replacement camera, so as soon as I do, I will email....And Chadler, what could be so wrong that you would make comments like that. Chrysler has come a long way from the old days and there is more to consider than a rattling trunk. I would take any DC product over a ****ty ford or chevy. And by the way, its spelled " rattling" and "piece" . If you installed some Dynomat on the inside of your trunk, it wouldn't rattle. Do some research before you condem a vehicle because of your own stupidity.

jerry a 04-21-2007 07:41 PM

I am not a know it all but I just finished installing my new grill.
The difference in the aftermarket grills has a definate bearing on the way to install.
If the one you bought just uses the same screws you have a chance to install it with a little help from a friend ,to pull out the bottom of the bumper cover after removing the bottom bolts.This is still a pain and a knuckle buster even with the wright tools.After fighting mine for a day,I decided to go the long route.
I have to say it was not a problem at all. I wish I had done this from the start.
My grill came with attached bolts with double nuts for adjustments.There was no way to install this without
removing the cover.
Just follow the directions and you should have no problem.
Hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3084/0F810CEB831A4F4BB3DC916EF87B7DF5.jpg[/IMG]

Rodneystr 04-26-2007 02:18 PM

I have this same problem. I have the new grill and and had it for several moths but because of the install directions I have put it off. I will talk to a body shop for the cost of them doing this.