Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Any experience with ESP/ABS(BAS) warning lights? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/any-experience-esp-abs-bas-warning-lights-1524/)

bgborden 05-24-2006 03:45 AM

Any experience with ESP/ABS(BAS) warning lights?

Mine are on. The book recommends turning the steering wheel hard to the right and left to try to turn the light off. It didn't work. My husband thinks the Chrysler dealership probably hasn't had much experience fixing the 300 so he is afraid to take it in (or else he just doesn't trust them).

LeeSoFL 05-27-2006 08:19 AM

RE: Any experience with ESP/ABS(BAS) warning lights?

You're better off posting any questions at:

www.300Cforums.com

This board is as dead as a door nail!

XtremeCuztoms 07-25-2006 08:26 PM

RE: Any experience with ESP/ABS(BAS) warning lights?

Hi, im a QC Manager @ a Chrysler Jeep Dealer, saw the post here about ESP/BAS. still having issues with this concearn?

if so let me know, there are a few things it could be. ABS Control Module, Steering Angle Sensor, Wiring To Steering Control Module, or YAW Sensor. and a few others, i will try to help if help is needed.

XtremeCuztoms

Longs 10-01-2009 02:28 PM

I have the ESP/BAS light on in a 2006 300 Limited, has been on for months. I have not attempted to troubleshoot it yet, other than the procedure of turning the wheel all the way in both directions then back to center. Any suggestions?

lovely09 10-17-2009 01:44 AM

When i drive the vehicle the BAS / ESC warning light comes on randomly as does a message stating "Service 4 Wheel Drive System" after i turn the car off and then back on again,all lights are gone.Dealer could not locate the problem as the warnings were clear when they took the car.This happens randomly and not every time i drive the vehicle.Any help?

Longs 10-27-2009 11:07 AM

Update ESP/BAS Light

I did pull all four wheels, check connectors to the sensors, etc. and found nothing, ESP/BAS light is still on.

I do the "on-off" code check and get no codes. Would the dealer get codes by scanning, if none show on the dash?

matt8114 11-20-2009 01:59 PM

the dealer still should get a fault code, but it would be stored. sounds like a fault with the steering angle sensor

Longs 01-12-2010 04:01 PM

Got two codes from the dealer, both related to the dynamics sensor, (maybe someone called it the YAW sensor) which is mounted UNDERNEATH the center console in the car. They were "lost communication to dynamics sensor" and "low voltage to dynamics sensor supply" so the dealer wanted to remove the console to check wiring etc. at $85 per hour, i would have been into $250 to $300 without even knowing what the problem was.

Has anyone replaced this sensor or removed the console? how tough of a job am I looking at if I go to check everything myself?

thanks!
Longs

Longs 02-16-2010 03:23 PM

Just a Test

I am replying to my own topic, which i still haven't addressed, just to see if this virus scam has prohibited me from posting as well as from private messaging.

Vance 03-02-2010 04:24 PM

Longs,
Did you ever figure out that problem.
My car is @ the dealers right now & they want the extra $$ for another 2 hours diagnostic testing.
I am having the same problem...........