Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Chrysler 300m strange problem... please help (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/chrysler-300m-strange-problem-please-help-13008/)

dabbi89 11-29-2010 10:28 AM

Chrysler 300m strange problem... please help

My friend was driving down the road when suddenly, the car starts to slow down, so he pull the car over and as soon as he put the car in park the oil light came on. He turn off the car immidietly after the light came on, after that he gou out from the car and he saw a huge oil leak form the side of the pan, he didnt saw exactly the place that the oil was leaking from but the leak was big, all the oil get drained in 6min. I put extra 3liters of oil and that oil also get drain realy quick.

The car also refuses to start the engine will not crank, i think the computer is not allowing the engine to do that, witch is good.

My question is, what could cause that to happen? A loosen oil tap? I donīt know i didnīt see the pan crack, the fire around that or loosen oil filter so is kind of strange.
Some idiot told me that it may have a hole in the engine, but he didnt find any oil smell or a smoke.

Please help guys

CHRYSLER TECH 11-29-2010 12:30 PM

that idiot I would bank is correct.

oblivion 01-03-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by dabbi89 (Post 43249)
My friend was driving down the road when suddenly, the car starts to slow down, so he pull the car over and as soon as he put the car in park the oil light came on. He turn off the car immidietly after the light came on, after that he gou out from the car and he saw a huge oil leak form the side of the pan, he didnt saw exactly the place that the oil was leaking from but the leak was big, all the oil get drained in 6min. I put extra 3liters of oil and that oil also get drain realy quick.

The car also refuses to start the engine will not crank, i think the computer is not allowing the engine to do that, witch is good.

My question is, what could cause that to happen? A loosen oil tap? I donīt know i didnīt see the pan crack, the fire around that or loosen oil filter so is kind of strange.
Some idiot told me that it may have a hole in the engine, but he didnt find any oil smell or a smoke.

Please help guys

AFAIK, the computer will not prevent the engine from cranking. I think it's probable that he lost all the oil and the engine seized up. I suppose another possibility is that the starter got soaked with enough oil that it is now inoperative.

I think he needs to have a professional mechanic look at it at this point.

TNtech 01-12-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by oblivion (Post 44480)
AFAIK, the computer will not prevent the engine from cranking.

Not true. PCM controls the ground side of the starter relay hold-in circuit. It's been done this way for at least 15 years.

Tonym410 01-27-2011 01:41 PM

My new 300C dumped all its oil with 32 yes 32 miles on the clock and the dealershio found that the oil filler cap had no seal inside the lid.
Just a thought. Good luck.

TNtech 01-28-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tonym410 (Post 45489)
My new 300C dumped all its oil with 32 yes 32 miles on the clock and the dealershio found that the oil filler cap had no seal inside the lid.
Just a thought. Good luck.

So all of the oil in the engine defied gravity and jumped out of the OIL FILLER cap....ok. What engine is this?

Djinn-n-Tonic 01-28-2011 08:19 PM

So all of the oil in the engine defied gravity and jumped out of the OIL FILLER cap..
Hey TN.....

Aside from the obvious you stated......Dont you find it amazing that a 32 mile car can Billow smoke for that long without any attention whatsoever?????

A BRAND NEW CAR...and you didnt even pop the hood to see what was burning???????

Sorry to say it Pal, but you deserve what you get.....

CHRYSLER TECH 01-28-2011 08:24 PM

plus if that was the case who ever PDI the car was a slack ass as well if it was missing.

Tonym410 01-29-2011 06:20 AM

Your responses.

Well thanks for the replies people.
  • When I opened the bonnet to FIND OUT WHAT WAS BURNING (I'm not a complete fool, thank you and the "you deserve what you got" comment was not called-for) I discovered oil everywhere.
  • I don't know what kind of engine it is, hopefully a Mercedes 3.0 litre V6, at least that's what the brochure said but all I can say is that the oil was running out of the oil filler cap.
  • I agree with the comment re the PDI but my subsequent experience with the workshop of this dealership has taught me to expect nothing better I'm afraid.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-29-2011 08:35 AM

a 3.0 in a 300????