Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Cold air intake (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/cold-air-intake-563/)

onebad300C 08-18-2005 06:21 PM

Cold air intake

Hey guys and gals,
I am new to this site, I look forward to talking to everyone. Just purchased a 2006 300C for my wife. Black in color. This is one bad car. A friend of mine suggested getting a cold air intake, I am not sure if I install this, what affect if any it would have on the exhaust??? Any help would be great. Hope to have pictures real soon. Take care.

BadStratRT 08-18-2005 06:36 PM

RE: Cold air intake

im not sure what you mean about the exhaust. putting a cold air intake will have a minor effect on mileage and performance...but it has nothing to do with the exhaust

onebad300C 08-18-2005 06:58 PM

Thank you for writing back, My friend has a 2005 Pontiac GTO, he just installed the cold air intake. He said that since you are allowing more air to flow more freely you have to let that air out faster by exhaust. If there is no considerable change in performance or milage I think I'll pass. Thank you for your reply!!!

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

im not sure what you mean about the exhaust. putting a cold air intake will have a minor effect on mileage and performance...but it has nothing to do with the exhaust

IceMan 08-18-2005 07:02 PM

It shouldnt effect your exhaust all except to help it sound better, I will be getting one myself as soon as I can get the greenbacks. As far as mileage goes, I would think it would improve mileage, am I wrong guys?

IceMan

ORIGINAL: onebad300C

Thank you for writing back, My friend has a 2005 Pontiac GTO, he just installed the cold air intake. He said that since you are allowing more air to flow more freely you have to let that air out faster by exhaust. If there is no considerable change in performance or milage I think I'll pass. Thank you for your reply!!!

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

300Cno1 08-22-2005 11:50 AM

i did fit a VOLANT cold air intake,it is some work
but it is worth the effort, more torque and better engine sound.

Rick0636 09-25-2005 03:29 PM

I have a volant intake on my Dodge truck with the 4.7L V8, sounds a lot like an old big 4 bbl carb when you kick it down, also have a Magnaflow muffler and twin pipes.

Bev25 11-18-2006 08:44 PM

You may want to do some research... We just bought an 06 300 Sig Series and I was about to sign when my husband walked in and stopped the whole thing- He happened to pop the hood and saw an after market cold air intake on it. (It was used with 7K on it) He said bring it back to factory specs or the deal's off. He used to work in a dealership and had seen things as simple as this cancel out the warranty. If the engine blew and the dealership saw it, even though it may have had nothing to do with the problem they could use it to not honor the warranty due to 'engine modifications'. Harley Davidson is starting to crack down on things like this- Change the stock exhaust- which almost everyone does- and they try to cancel the warranty.
I'm not saying it's a guarantee but why take the chance? Best to make some calls first and if they say OK get it in writing that it will not affect the warranty.

Cold Air Intake 01-05-2007 04:50 PM

I just installed a K and N cold air intake on my 300 Touring with a 3.5 V6 enngine and I noticed that there is a little lag. Is this normal? How can I get rid of this? Please help!!!

300C2006 01-07-2007 09:54 PM

AS THE SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO ALLOW MORE AIR THEN YOU MUST HAVE THE ENGINE RE MAPPED TO COMPENSATE THE INCREASED FLOW. THIS SHOULD CURE THE LAG.

Cold Air Intake 02-07-2007 01:49 PM

Thanks for the reply, Where should I take my car in? Would the dealer do this for me sense K & N cold air intake is illegal in california? But before I take it in I'm planning to install a JET module first. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...