Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Humidity sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Default Humidity sensor ?

I have a 2012 300c with the auto climate control system. Regarding the Humidity Sensor, what does it do.? What is it's function.?

Last edited by tarhealcracker; 08-07-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:33 PM

I'm on 2 Chrysler 300 Forums and I can't get an answer to this question. What's up with that?

Old 08-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

there is no such thing as a humidity sensor temperature yes humidity no

Old 08-11-2018, 06:42 PM

I don't understand this . I have read posts regarding guys replacing their Humidity sensors and seen the procedure on u tube, etc . And then there are posts on various Forums re guys trying to troubleshoot their AC systems that talk a lot about the "humidity" sensor issue. What's up?

Old 08-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Humidity is the amount of water in the air. the car does not car how much humidity is in the air even in an AC system

Old 08-13-2018, 06:03 AM

Hello Tarhealcracker. Nice to see you here. It is a google free zone. Sure there is a humidity sensor, despite what Chrysler Tech says. I have noticed when the humidity is high, the compressor will kick in, even though I have not set the temp to call for AC. Note the attached wiring diagram bottom right corner....HUMIDITY SENSOR.

Attached Files
Old 08-13-2018, 06:07 AM

Back to my question, why does the car have a "humidity sensor" and what does it do?

The literature for my car describes the system as "Automatic Dual Zone Temperature Control with humidity sensor" quote/unquote. I must say Chrysler Tech that you are being less than helpful. Responding to your posts in order:

1. The car does in fact have a "Humidity Sensor".

2. I understand the definition of Humidity is the amount of water in the air.

Come on now. Are you putting us on?

Old 08-13-2018, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Polarzak
Hello Tarhealcracker. Nice to see you here. It is a google free zone. Sure there is a humidity sensor, despite what Chrysler Tech says. I have noticed when the humidity is high, the compressor will kick in, even though I have not set the temp to call for AC. Note the attached wiring diagram bottom right corner....HUMIDITY SENSOR.
Thanks for the response Polarzak.
I'm not sure what's going on with Chrysler Tech. He has been most helpful in the past and heaven knows we need as many pros as we can get on this Forum.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:14 PM

The integrated temperature humidity sensor factors humidity in to the climate control to use only as much A/C as needed. If the temperature outside is 80F and the humidity is 80 percent, the system will control the temperature to a lower level than if the humidity was only 30 percent.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:14 PM

Wow. Outstanding. So the AC has an algorithm it uses to promote temp vs humidity comfort. My guess is that "recirculate" is in the tool box as well.

Quick Reply: Humidity sensor ?