Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Humidity sensor ? (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/humidity-sensor-29769/)

tarhealcracker 08-07-2018 07:08 AM

Humidity sensor ?

I have a 2012 300c with the auto climate control system. Regarding the Humidity Sensor, what does it do.? What is it's function.?

tarhealcracker 08-09-2018 04:33 PM

I'm on 2 Chrysler 300 Forums and I can't get an answer to this question. What's up with that?

CHRYSLER TECH 08-11-2018 01:19 AM

there is no such thing as a humidity sensor temperature yes humidity no

tarhealcracker 08-11-2018 06:42 PM

I don't understand this . I have read posts regarding guys replacing their Humidity sensors and seen the procedure on u tube, etc . And then there are posts on various Forums re guys trying to troubleshoot their AC systems that talk a lot about the "humidity" sensor issue. What's up?

CHRYSLER TECH 08-12-2018 08:32 PM

Humidity is the amount of water in the air. the car does not car how much humidity is in the air even in an AC system

Polarzak 08-13-2018 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Tarhealcracker. Nice to see you here. It is a google free zone. Sure there is a humidity sensor, despite what Chrysler Tech says. I have noticed when the humidity is high, the compressor will kick in, even though I have not set the temp to call for AC. Note the attached wiring diagram bottom right corner....HUMIDITY SENSOR.

tarhealcracker 08-13-2018 06:07 AM

Back to my question, why does the car have a "humidity sensor" and what does it do?

The literature for my car describes the system as "Automatic Dual Zone Temperature Control with humidity sensor" quote/unquote. I must say Chrysler Tech that you are being less than helpful. Responding to your posts in order:

1. The car does in fact have a "Humidity Sensor".

2. I understand the definition of Humidity is the amount of water in the air.

Come on now. Are you putting us on?

tarhealcracker 08-13-2018 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Polarzak (Post 107095)
Hello Tarhealcracker. Nice to see you here. It is a google free zone. Sure there is a humidity sensor, despite what Chrysler Tech says. I have noticed when the humidity is high, the compressor will kick in, even though I have not set the temp to call for AC. Note the attached wiring diagram bottom right corner....HUMIDITY SENSOR.

Thanks for the response Polarzak.
I'm not sure what's going on with Chrysler Tech. He has been most helpful in the past and heaven knows we need as many pros as we can get on this Forum.

Polarzak 08-13-2018 01:14 PM

The integrated temperature humidity sensor factors humidity in to the climate control to use only as much A/C as needed. If the temperature outside is 80F and the humidity is 80 percent, the system will control the temperature to a lower level than if the humidity was only 30 percent.

tarhealcracker 08-13-2018 03:14 PM

Wow. Outstanding. So the AC has an algorithm it uses to promote temp vs humidity comfort. My guess is that "recirculate" is in the tool box as well.