Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Jittery Acceleration '05 300C (RWD) (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/jittery-acceleration-05-300c-rwd-28811/)

spenny-k 01-19-2018 04:27 PM

Jittery Acceleration '05 300C (RWD)

I bought a 2005 300C at the end of 2017 and drove it back from Alberta. Once I got back and had it pass safety I noticed that there is a strange pulse-like RPM/Speedometer drop when I am accelerating. Even when I am idling and in park if i give it gas and hold it constant at lets say 1.5RPM it will dip for a bit to like 1.2RPM's then back up, then dip, then back up at a constant rate. It can be fairly annoying when I put the pedal down to accelerate heavily and notice it because you can hear the exhaust noise dip as well see the speedometer not going up at a constant rate either. Doesnt matter if it is warm or cold but sometimes it isnt that bad and other times you can really notice it. It's a hard to explain problem but I will post a video of the idle. I have checked all my grounds and got all my sparkplugs changed but still has the issue. I have a check engine light on due to the CO2 sensors not being there anymore as it is a aftermarket exhaust. (I checked codes and thats all that comes up). If I can avoid going directly to a dealer to fix this that would be great as I have put enough money into the problem and would like to solve and possibly even fix it with the help of the community.

Help greatly appreciated!

spenny-k 01-19-2018 04:38 PM

Car RPM fluctuation while in park

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the separate reply for the video... New to forums.

bp12080 02-21-2018 02:12 PM

I am having such an issue as well in my 2008 300 Hemi. RPMs fluctuate in the same way as yours and you can feel it during car in drive. At first I felt it was me not being consistent with my foot position on the pedal, but after further testing in park, I say it is fluctuating. I do NOT believe it to be a fuel issue other than maybe a dirty TC. I intend on removing my TC maybe this weekend and giving it a good cleaning and will repost after doing so. Additionally, I sometimes get what I call a "dead pedal" that I posted about a few days ago (car shows no stored codes at all). I am beginning to feel that it is the TPS part of the TC which (I understand) is internal to the TC and not a remote TPS at the foot pedal. There is also some 5V signal from the TC to the PCM that can go afoul if ground/s are bad.

I am at a loss like you are and may be way wrong on all this so take what I say with a grain of salt and do your own DD. Hope one of us gets to the bottom of it soon. Going dead pedal at a traffic light just sorta sucks bigtime!

BP

spenny-k 02-21-2018 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bp12080 (Post 104551)
I am having such an issue as well in my 2008 300 Hemi. RPMs fluctuate in the same way as yours and you can feel it during car in drive. At first I felt it was me not being consistent with my foot position on the pedal, but after further testing in park, I say it is fluctuating. I do NOT believe it to be a fuel issue other than maybe a dirty TC. I intend on removing my TC maybe this weekend and giving it a good cleaning and will repost after doing so. Additionally, I sometimes get what I call a "dead pedal" that I posted about a few days ago (car shows no stored codes at all). I am beginning to feel that it is the TPS part of the TC which (I understand) is internal to the TC and not a remote TPS at the foot pedal. There is also some 5V signal from the TC to the PCM that can go afoul if ground/s are bad.

I am at a loss like you are and may be way wrong on all this so take what I say with a grain of salt and do your own DD. Hope one of us gets to the bottom of it soon. Going dead pedal at a traffic light just sorta sucks bigtime!

BP

Thanks for the reply, has been pretty dead on this thread. At least its not just me! I will keep what you said in mind but yeah let me know what you come up with. I haven't had much time to work on it but I will try to update if I find anything new as well.

hichamaziz 02-26-2018 07:02 AM

sorry