Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Mode button stopped working.. (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/mode-button-stopped-working-15488/)

brettwlvn 08-04-2011 12:39 PM

Mode button stopped working..

I have a 2006 300 touring with a 6 disc cd player. I just replaced the battery in my car. The time was flashing on my stereo which I had expected. The unit saved my preset channel selections, however the mode button will not function and I cannot access the cd's that are stored in the unit. I can't switch to cd mode to play them or remove them. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? Everything alse seems to work except for the mode button.

ChryslerCares 08-05-2011 12:55 PM

Chrysler Group LLC

brettwlvn,

Unfortunately, per the service manaual, a battery reconnect procedure must be performed anytime the battery has been disconnected.

Below is the info listed in the 2006 300/Magnum/Charger Service Manual.

I'm not a technician so I would certainly contact the service department of your local dealership to confirm which (if any) of the procedures apply to resolving your radio concern.

CAUTION: Once the battery has been connected, review and perform the following information as applicable.

EXPRESS FRONT WINDOW(S)

NOTE: Make sure battery is fully charged before proceeding.

NOTE: This needs to be completed every time the window glass is adjusted/removed, motor replaced, and or regulator replaced.

CLEAR/DENORMALIZE USING A SCAN TOOL

To clear/denormalize the door module memory, using a scan tool under the Miscellaneous menu look for Denormalization Window Command, and follow the directions.

RELEARN/NORMALIZE USING A SCAN TOOL

To relearn/normalize the door module memory, using a scan tool under the Miscellaneous menu look for Normalization Window command, and follow the directions.

CLEAR/DENORMALIZE, RELEARN/NORMIALIZE WITHOUT A SCAN TOOL

Hold up/down the window switch for at least 30 seconds until the DTC is set for stuck switch. This will clear the memory of the calibration information (CLEAR/DENORMAILIZE). Proceed to relearn/normalize. 1. Put a battery charger on vehicle.
2. If equipped with express-up/express-down, reset the express-up/down module for the door window glass. The window switch on the corresponding door must be used to control the window. Do not use the master switch for the passenger window.
3. To calibrate, start by moving the window to the middle position.
4. Drive the glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the glass is fully closed. Do not release the window switch. Continue to hold the window switch up for 2 seconds after the window glass is full closed.
5. Drive the glass to the full - down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch, (second detent if equipped with express-down) until the window glass is down for 2 seconds after the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch. Continue to hold the window switch down for 2 seconds after the window glass is fully open.
6. Check the operation of the express-up/ express-down feature.
7. If the express up/down doesn't work, repeat step # 3, waiting for 3 seconds.
8. Check that the window glass reverses when in the express-up mode by holding a pen in the path of the glass.
9. Once the proper operation of the express-up/express-down feature has been verified, clear all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s).

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) within the Antilock Brake Module (ABM) needs to be calibrated. The SAS requires calibration (initialization) using the scan tool anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for any length of time. If the SAS is not calibrated following battery reconnection, the ESP/BAS indicator lamp will flash continuously with no DTCs.

To calibrate (initialize), perform the following:

1. Position the front wheels straight ahead and center the steering wheel.
2. Connect the scan tool to the vehicle.
3. Follow the directions on the scan tool.

Again, I'm not certain that all this needs to be performed on your particular model of vehicle and would definitely check with a professional certified technician.