Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/)
-   -   Ratteling from Front End (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-300-300c-300c-srt-8-17/ratteling-front-end-11818/)

nightdriver 07-03-2010 10:53 AM

Ratteling from Front End

My car is a 300CRD 2007 model has anyone had this problem a ratteling noise that sounds like loose brake pads but it is not, so far my chrysler dealer has replaced all items on the front suspension apart from the struts this is next thing they will do I do not think that any of the work they have done is anything to do with problem I have tried driving over bad surface roads and if I apply the brakes the noise is a lot less any Ideas anyone???

TheMcs 09-20-2010 01:37 PM

My '06 does that too. I had the brakes checked first, all is well. Took it to another mechanic who found nothing other than the pin near the anti-rattle clip on the brakes needed to be lubed. That seemed to fix it, until today (5 days later). The rattle is back but not as bad. I found one source online that said the noise comes from that anti-rattle clip. I called the mech. about that and he said it had looked fine. I'm going to look at it this weekend and replace it myself if it's an easy fix.

TNtech 09-21-2010 09:31 PM

Biggest issues with front end on 300 is sway bar links and the outer tie rod ends. You can almost NEVER duplicate the sway bar links on the lift.

cacsmret 02-23-2011 12:13 PM

Noisy front end

I just replaced the outer tie rods on my wife's '06 300; I was surprised that they needed replacement at 50K. It solved the knocking sound from the front when we hit bumps. The car does have 20" wheels on it; perhaps its the larger rims that shortened the tie rod life span.

Black 300C 04-06-2011 07:15 PM

I had a bad tie rod end and Sway bar linkage. I replaced both tie rod ends and both sway bar linkages. Runs great. They were definately bad. I probably could have gotten by with 1 sway bar linkage but I used after market parts instead of "Quality is job none" parts. Only have 45K miles on my 2006 300C. Two week earlier had to replace the seals for the transmision electrical link. Was leaking bad. A month or so before that was the Park Lock out part (bought from Billet Tech).

bgreen 08-01-2011 08:48 AM

Rattleing from the front end & Bottoming out

hello this will be the fourth time my 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring has been back to the dealer for a knock or rattling sound. They replaced the tie rods and the sway bar mounts and the struts both sides and still have the sound. Anybody have any other suggestions. The car has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now going on 3 weeks. Also does anyone have the issue of their 300 bottoming out alot?? Is there any way to adjust the rear struts to get a little more height out of the car??

Mike 300 10-11-2011 01:16 PM

Chrysler300 rattle

My 2006 300 has had outer tie rods replaced connecting rods lower ball joints all in an effort to fix the rattle you hear on rough roads..the dealer has had the car apart 8 times taken it to two other garages but still no luck.. The car only had 60K not sure what to try next. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Hemirk 11-04-2011 01:53 AM

:)

Originally Posted by Mike 300 (Post 55145)
My 2006 300 has had outer tie rods replaced connecting rods lower ball joints all in an effort to fix the rattle you hear on rough roads..the dealer has had the car apart 8 times taken it to two other garages but still no luck.. The car only had 60K not sure what to try next. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Originally Posted by TNtech (Post 41030)
Biggest issues with front end on 300 is sway bar links and the outer tie rod ends. You can almost NEVER duplicate the sway bar links on the lift.

TNtech is correct on the sway bar end links being a problem, and the outer tie rod ends. Another real big issue with these cars is the tension strut rubber bushings dont last, and they tear, and then you have a loose fit and rattle as well. You can see the rip in it if you look at the tension strut, and if they are torn, you will need to replace them. They seem to be a weak link . I was told that they have changed the design, but looking at the new ones, I dont beleive that they will last any longer than the old ones, which was about 45K. Hope that helps...:)